1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

mesa walkabout head versus eden 330

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman blue, May 4, 2006.

1. i currently own a mesa walkabout head that i use for smaller venues. i am very happy with the mesa walkabout but lately have been interested in the eden wt300 head. (probably because i have eden cabs that i am extremely impressed with) i have not been able to play the eden wt300 head and am wondering if anyone has experience with both heads and what their views are. i don't even see the eden wt300 in eden's current line-up, has the wt405 replaced it? thanks. :)

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Two very different amps. Both are top of the line.

The Walkabout has a more organic, tube, feel to it.

The Eden is more hi-fi (but with a bit of tube bloom, and a bit of a low-mid emphasis) and quicker to respond.

What don't you like about the Walkabout?

3. to be honest, i like the walkabout. easy answer is gas. about the only thing i can think of about the mesa is the extensive eq section that i don't use. i set mids flat and i may tweek the bass from time to time. great little amp but have always wanted to try an eden. damn gas. :smug:

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I've played both live. The Eden is a very good amp. I bought the Walkabout 2 years ago and I don't intend to change. I just like the sound better than anything else that size or price. I've always liked GK and if I needed way more power I'd get one again, but I don't, so I'm very satisfied.

I have no cravings to change my setup. It does exactly what I want. I don't use the EQ any more than you do, but it's that sound the Mesa has that hooked me.

5. 10-4. the mesa does sound so good. guess i'll just put the eden idea on the back shelf and wait till i can try one at some point. thanks for the info.