mesa really good???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by _alex_, Mar 14, 2004.

1. _alex_

Feb 29, 2004
    Old Europe:)
    hi there,

iam interested in the mesa boogie walkabout,but the question is : is it worth the price?
    mesa products i think that they are really over priced,but i never had one,so please comments about it:)

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I just ordered one for myself. I don't think they are overpriced, but I guess that depends on your budget. There's a million Walkabout threads here - try a search.

Welcome to TB, by the way.
  3. The WalkAbout is worth every bit... and then some. Pinch pennies someplace else. I doubt you'll ever regret it.
  4. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    A friend let me borrow his for a few days. I can attest that this head has a very musical tone. It's got the tube-style warmth and fat bottom, and is punchy with good headroom. The extensive EQ section allows for dialing any desired amount of lows, mids or highs. Compact size is light weight and convenient. I posted details in a previous thread on this. If you do a search will find alot of comments from others as well. :bassist:
  5. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Actually Mesa products are very resonably priced compaired to other high end amps (Aguilar, EA, Eden...).
    I've never played through the Walkabout but I do own a M-Pulse 600. Excellent quality/workmanship and sound! :bassist:
  6. _alex_

Feb 29, 2004
    Old Europe:)
    thanks guys for the helpfull info ;)

btw i have an swr 350 pro head,so what do you think comparing the swr to the walkabout? pros,cons?

7. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    There is none... Sorry. :ninja:
  8. IMO there is NO comparison between the Walkabout and the
    SWR. The Walkabout beats the SWR hands down in every category.
  9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I've loved every Mesa product i've ever played through, just too expensive for me. I swear to god someday i will have a 400+ and a M-Pulse 600. Best. Amps. Ever.