1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Mesa Walkabout Scout 15" Combo or Cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Frankie Fender, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Frankie Fender

Frankie Fender Supporting Member

Price:
    One of the best combos made. Ask anyone who has played one. I present a Walkabout Scout in very good condition. I bought it new in 2012 and never had an issue with it. Tube preamp, 300 watts at 4 ohms, the cabinet has the 4 ohm 15" speaker with 10" passive radiator and moves some serious air! The head can be removed to use on its own. It is a versatile, compact, plug and play gigging solution. The wheels were removed from the bottom but it does in no way affect the sound of the cabinet. I can include them if you want. Mesa quality, build and tone are second to none.

Includes dust cover. BTW, this has a neo speaker and the cab alone weighs 45 lbs.

I will sell just the cabinet for $350 or the combo including the Walkabout head for $900.

No SHIPPING - Local Sale Only

I am willing to travel within one hour of Worcester, MA including Boston, Providence, Nashua, Springfield and Hartford.

Not interested in selling the head separately. No trades please.

IMG_7218.JPG IMG_7206.JPG
    IMG_7840.JPG IMG_7841.JPG IMG_7842.JPG IMG_7843.JPG IMG_7839.JPG IMG_7845.JPG IMG_7844.JPG
    IMG_7279.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  2. Let me know if you decide to sell just the head!

Frankie Fender likes this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Any of you guys who just picked up a WD800 I believe they fit in these.

I run a 15" Walkabout Scout combo by itself or with a matching extension cab (yes, at 2 ohms just fine). These are ridiculously good as a combo amp. Usually if I run the stack it's just for looks. :D The combo by itself puts out some serious thump.

Good luck with it.

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  4. Frankie Fender

Yes you are correct! The WD800 fits perfectly in the cabinet, it is just a little shallow in the back. And you are right, this is a single cab solution that thumps. Besides that, they are no longer made and this gets the full 300 watts out of the walkabout head. Thanks for the kind words.

IMG_7281B.

scottm and two fingers like this.
  5. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Great cab!

Frankie Fender likes this.
  6. Frankie Fender

I haven’t but I bet it would sound very thick and gooey!

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  7. lowEndRick

lowEndRick Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    CT
    What's the weight on this cab?

8. Frankie Fender

The cab weighs 45.6 LBS

9. terlewine

terlewine Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2001