SOLD Mesa Walkabout Scout *Black Face*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by phishaholik, Apr 21, 2018.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Price:
    $799
    I'm going through a divorce right now and I need as much cash as I can get, so I'm selling most of my gear. This one really breaks my heart honestly. It's my favourite amp of all time and it has the best mods done to it. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment right now and not gigging and my lawyer fees are adding up.

This is a late model black face Mesa Walkabout with the Scout cabinet. The previous owner changed the tubes to new Tung-Sols and did the Silenx fan swap. The tone is nothing short of wonderful, juicy thickness and fan is pretty much dead silent, even in a quiet apartment. If you want an amp for recording, this is your amp. The stock fan can be very loud and kinda obnoxious at practice/recording levels.

It's in very nice shape, with just some shallow marks from being gigged and one corner protector isn't perfect. Also, on end of the handle is a little frayed. It still works fine and a new one is $16 if needed. It performs flawlessly and as I mentioned, the tone is just wonderful. It ships with a nice, thick power cable and an aftermarket padded cover.

IMG_1452.jpg IMG_1454.jpg

Price: $799 plus shipping. This is less than half of the price of new and they are no longer available from Mesa.

Michael

2. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Out of curiosity, which cab is this - 12 or 15? 4 or 8 Ohms? Thanks and good luck with your transition, DM

phishaholik likes this.
  3. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Oh thanks! I forgot to mention some of the important stuff.

It's the 12" version with a 4 ohm neo speaker.

Michael

Dee-man likes this.
  4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    The best sounding combo ever, IMHE......I'd grab it, but already have one WA combo and a spare head. GLWTS.

phishaholik likes this.
  5. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks man and I agree 100%! I promised myself I would never sell this one, but unfortunately I have to.

Michael