Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Walkabout Scout w/Extention cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Type-55, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    I played a Walkabout Scout with the single 12 and it sounded great. Has anyone used this amp with the Scout extension cab? This cab is such a different design from Berg, Epifani, Eden I have doubts about weather this combo would be loud enough. Any fedback is appreciated.

Doug

2. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Yep. I have the Scout and the extension. It is amazingly loud. I replaced an SVT Pro3 and a PR410 cab with this setup. I tried the Walkabout head thru a Mesa 4x10 and 1-15 cabinet at the local store. They were trying to get this head to fail and asked me to play and cranked it up ungodly loud. I played for about ten minutes and when I stopped the sales guy smiled and said "I feel faint" I had to chuckle :D

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've got one without the extension cab yet. It's crazy loud even without it. They are unofficially stable at 2 ohms, so if you hook up a standard combo (which is at 4 ohms) with the 4 ohm extension cab you are looking at a ton of wattage out of a 70 pound rig.

4. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    I just picked up a Scout and it officially made my fillings rattle. I can only imagine how it sounds with another cabinet. I'm not sure if I would even need one. I did a ton of research on this amp and I'm really glad that one came my way. I hauled my Super Redhead and Son of Bertha to a gig this last week and I may never have to do that again. Goodbye SWR, hello Mesa Boogie! My ears and back have been convinced: downsize and upgrade in one simple step. :cool:

5. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Hi all, I've been trying to find out the weight of the Walkabout Scout without extention speaker. Anyone know?

Thanks, Alan

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Anyone have a link to the Mesa page with the Scout Extension cab? I can't find it :bawl:

7. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    49 pounds.

8. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Try here.

Here's some pics (sort of):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I've found that page, but nothing on the extension :meh:

10. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    who has tried the walkabout scout 15" with the 15" ext cab? Or is that not out yet?

11. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    The extention is the exact same thing as the combo, minus the head. What information are you looking for?

12. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    THAT'S what I was looking for, thank you :)
    BTW, 4 ohm's right? So Boogie won't offically say that it can run 2 ohms, but they make the cabs to do it? Yeah, I really want one now.

13. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    THANK YOU!