1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MeShell in Mack Mode!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I was looking for something else and found this old gem from the Higher Learning soundtrack. Man, I really miss MeShell from the early to mid 1990s!:)

2. etb67

etb67 Far Out Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Ohio
    That is a really nice track. Have to admit, I wasn't familiar with it, but it sounds like so much of the great stuff that she released from that time period.

I keep listening to "Devil's Halo", and "The World Has Made Me...." hoping that I'll start to like them, but I just haven't been able to warm up to either of them.

3. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    I totally agree. Both of them are just a little too "out there" for me, that they lose a sense of direction. They don't groove as much as her '90s work. Peace Beyond Passion was a masterpiece she has not since matched, IMO.

4. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    90's albums were great, and I think she really hit her peak with Cookie (one of my favorite albums of all time). I'm not feeling the new stuff as much, although I did see her live at Joe's Pub a few months ago playing songs off the Bitter album and she was amazing.