Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Meshell Ndegeocello at NPR.com

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by fulcrum, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Maybe of interest?

Helpful hint: much, much easier to cut and paste her name than it is to type it all out. Just hope your source spelled it right to begin with...

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I got in my car at 8:50am est and I heard part of it. It's great that NPR will do a program like this. I am going to get her new album, it sounds great.

3. My wife left me a voicemail about this. She says she's not sure about the "jazz stuff" (she says that jazz is much more enjoyable live than on record), but would like to hear her other albums.

Cool report. Reminded me of how cool she was in Rising Low.

Next thing you know, I've spent two hours and NPR.org after doing a search on "bass". Cool stuff on Mingus, interviews with David Hood, Stanley Clarke, Ron Carter and BOOTSY!!!

L

4. I rushed out and bought "Dance Of The Infidel" as soon as i heard about it. It's kind of scattered sounding, a few of the tracks take some time to really lock in and groove, but that's one of the dangers of improvising free jazz, I suppose. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase: the music is unpredictable, but groovy and easy to listen to. My one complaint is with the vocal tracks; with the exception of "Aquarium" (which features Sabina Sciubba from The Brazilian Girls), they just don't grab me the way the instrumentals do...

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    The new Meshell album is one of my favorites so far this year! The playing of Mattew Garrison and Kenny Garrett is worth the price of addmission IMHO :bassist: I really like what she said in the liner notes too :cool:

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yes, you are correct sir!