Meshell YouTube....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NJL, Mar 15, 2006.

1. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I guess since everyone else is doing it:

:D :D :D

If that ain't groove, then I will go and kill myself...
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Or this one:

I love her.

3. That's good stuff! Her appearance in Rising Low is pretty sick, too. She's bad to the bone.

She started coming to a gig I do on certain Mondays with the Nublu Orchestra. It's impossible to describe the feeling I had of her watching me play the bass! I got pretty self-conscious and I even felt like she wasn't diggin' me because I wasn't all animated while I played. The gig requires intense concentration and I'm usually just staring at Butch, the conductor, for the next cue (our music is completely improvised). Later, she sat in and since we normally have two bassists, I got to jam with her! We got to talk on the break and she was really nice. She complimented me and invited me over to her house to jam! She's been coming to the Nublu gigs regularly now. *shameless plug* Our next block is all the Mondays in April.

Thanks for posting those!
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Must be nice!!

I hear she's really, really cool and laid back... you can tell by her playing and singing...

5. Wow! On all that! Wow!

I LOVE her tone! That Jazz bass sounds really good! I think if anything has ever made me want one, that just did it!

I love how tasty, and understated she is. Focusing more on substance then flash. It is still intimidating, but on a different level - instead of the old, "I can't play quick enough" it is more like, "Oh, man... I really need to have something worthwhile to say!"

Meshell is really great!
  6. she is very good

i like that first song
  7. WOW! That's great stuff.

Does she have any of her live stuff on CD? I would love to hear more like that.
  8. I disagree big time on the tone, but she's a pretty good singer.
  9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, i hate the "playing right over the bridge pickup" tone.