Message from Bassist Mod, please read

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by cassanova, Aug 8, 2001.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Jazzbo gave me this Idea when I saw him do it in off topic. Although the problem in this forum is'nt as bad as it gets in OT, it still happens more than it should. When we all registered at talk bass we all agreed to these.

By clicking the Agree button, you agree to the following rules:

The #1 rule is to have respect for all members. If you do not agree with a fellow member, be courteous in your response. If you do not address everyone on the board with respect, be prepared to lose your membership.

Because this forum is viewed by bassists of all ages, all posts must be suitable for viewing by kids, some of whom are under 14 years old. If what you have to say wouldn't be suited for network TV, don't post it here.

Controversial topics started for the purpose of creating "mega threads" will be VERY closely moderated (ie, discussions on religion). These kind of threads tend to only inflame people's emotions, creating enemies out of friends.

Negative remarks based on race, ethnicity, or religion will not be tolerated.

If you have a disagreement with a moderator (If your thread gets deleted, if you get a warning, etc.), DO NOT take it out on the moderator. Do not even think about publicly complaining about a moderators actions. If you have a problem with a moderator's decisions, email the administration at

Please use courtesy when using the E-Mail, ICQ, or IM functions of the board. Any complaints of members abusing these messaging functions will result in membership termination.

The posting of advertisments in the forums will not be tolerated. Please contact TalkBass to discuss link exchanges and advertising opportunities.

The owners of TalkBass Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

these rules are pretty self explanitory so Im not going to explain them. But I promise if you break them, I will talk to the other mods and see if I can get you banned. I and many others sick of all the childish B.S. thats been going on latly. This is a great site and I am going to do what it takes on my part to keep it that way!!
  2. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I think some people forgot to read this. BUMP!!!
  3. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Preach on NOVA!

4. But where is the agree button? :)
  5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    It's right next to the 'any' key, of course.
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My computer doesn't have those buttons.:(

I second jazzbo's post.
  7. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000

lol...where do you find these things jazzbo?
  8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Nuke a gay whale for christ?

So we can say stupied things like that huh?
  9. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    you have the most interesting smilies, if i could call them that.
  10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hmmm...I haven't noticed that things were that bad, but maybe I just don't get around as much as some of you do. ;) The only thing I have noticed, is that on occasion, some of the veterans around here seem to make it difficult for the newbies to fit in, or even get in. :(
  11. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Ive read quite a few posts that pretty much said they were sick of trolls. Especially the one that was titled is talkbass a soft spot for trolls or something like that. cant remember the exact title.

I dont think the vets here make it difficult for the new memebers to fit in...I think the majority of them make them feel welcome, and only go off on them when they say something rude, or totally stupid that they dont/cant back up with facts.
  12. PowerMad

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree with cassanova, The folks here at talkbass are very friendly and welcoming. I haven't been here too long but so far I like all of the people on here.

I got a new car today!!
  13. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I agree with everything here. Especially along the lines of E-Mail, ICQ, and IM functions of the board