Messed Up At A Band Try-Out Cause of Hot Girl!!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Son of Spam, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Oh no, I was trying out for a band and doing really well, and then in walked one of their roadies (groupie?) to see the band's "new bassist." When she walked in the drummers studio to listen, she was wearing this spaggetti strap shirt and some hoochie shorts. Damn beautiful. Well, this isn't really needed to be said and is quite obvious, but I almost completly stopped playing! LoL. It was an open jam, so there is no excuse, all I had to do was keept a solid beat for a simple 12 bar blues...LoL. I just stared at her for about 10 seconds, jaw dropped, she looked back and smiled and the bass fell outta my hands, thank god for strap-locks :):D :eek: :cool:

Well, I told them I would call them back on Sunday (which was today) so after I got back from the L.A. Auto Show (TIGHT CARS) I called, I made the band. I was pretty happy. The drummer (basically leader of the band) told me about that girl cause I asked. Its his girlfriends best friends.

Would this be bad to get involved in a relationship or pursue one with her so soon after joining the band?
  2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hmmmm... You basically froze in place when this chick showed up, huh? I say getting involved with any girl that can do that to you, would mean serious trouble.
  3. YES. (as in bad)

You're there to play in the band. Cement your position with them before you start trawling.
  4. Dude....Dude....

Get in tight with the band, and be polite to the girl.

~This is why~

Once you guys start giggin', hot chicks WILL be all over you. Most folks say that the singer or guitar player gets the hot ones but in reality, it's the Bass player. You see, as the Bass player, everyone knows that you're the guy in the band that's in tune with the universe. The chicks that you'll end up with will be WAAAY more laid back and uh....relaxed.

So what about the hot chick that's your drummers girlfriends friend? Well hey, when other chicks see you hangin' with her (being a gentleman) they'll either think you're Joe Stud, or you're gay. Since you obviously like chicks, they'll know within a few seconds that you're not gay. So, they'll be wanting to talk to YOU.

Just be polite.

Trust me on this one Bro'
  5. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Why the hell does everyone say that the bass player gets all the chicks? I must be doing something wrong, cuz in seven years of gigging with a band, I have had exactly 2 girls approach me as interested (one I dated for a bit and the other smothered me onstage and I had to tell her to get lost). Our singer got the most attention, followed by our drummer. Running a very, very, very distant third and fourth place was myself and then my guitarist.

Maybe I come across as some kind of psycho-killer, Jeffrey Dahmer type. All I know is that the "quiet cool" that Chaz Darby spoke of in Airheads is a bunch of crap!
  6. My singer always says that bass players get all the chicks, and she's a girl (not too bad looking either) so it must be true! :D Oh yeah, that brings up another point, anyone ever get distracted by a attractive band memeber? I auditioned for a funk band with a hot keyboardist, which made it that much harder to audition, and guess what? She's my singer now :cool:
  7. Maybe I come across as some kind of psycho-killer, Jeffrey Dahmer type.

Try changing your name from Hategear to Happy Puppy.
  8. Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    not to get offtopic, but i went to this too and it was indeed very tight!

my personal favorite was the Xtreme Blazer.... and of course the ferraris :)
  9. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    No offense,b ut your not going to be picking up chicks if you're butt ugly, regardless if you were the singer or the bass player
  10. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    You need to read the Forum Rules:

Rule #567, Section-a, subpart iii: No threads about alleged hot babes you met in the course of trying out for a band with out pics of the aforementioned alleged hot babe attached.

I could report you to the mods now, or you can e-mail me a few snap shots!
  11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    AW CRAP, zulu.

you just broke my "PEDIPHILIAC OVERTONE" detector!

you owe me a new one!

12. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Think with your instrument, not with your Instrument.

For the comment on not picking up chicks if your ugly, look at Mick Jagger.

As for the bass player getting all the chicks comment.

13. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    similiar experience--only this is the nerdy marching band =) and i wasn't playing, but if i had been, i would dropped the bass (it was the stand up bass, i call it string bass, but u guys call it double bass). it was the pit and the drumline out practicing, and the pit was on break (i was in the pit, with the bass). i was sitting on the curb of the parking lot watching the drumline, its like, the 3rd practice i'd say... and there's this quint player... oh wow, i could not take my eyes off him. i know, dorky way to meet someone... but it turns out, the very FIRST practice he was asking about ME, and it was the same way for him... needless to say, we made a very happy couple, and he is the famous drummer i never stop talking about =)

i won't even say how we are now =(
  14. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    All I have to say is, if Lemmy can play bass and get chicks, then anyone can. :D

I seem to get female attention at all age type shows, but hardly ever in a bar room, just for the fact most of the chicks are 20 years older than me, and if one even near my age walks in, she usually is with a guy anyway.

Though, there was this one time a chick who had to be well in here late 30's/early 40's came up and asked me for my autograph. She seemed dissappionted when I told her I was 19. :D
  15. Because every girl in the crowd can plainly see that your instrument is bigger :D

And not only that, you are the one that's making their nether regions shiver every time you hit a note.

16. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I think to some extent I agree with the notion that chicks dig bass players the most. I was playing @ my solo gig last night, doing the usual set of standards and such on fretless like I always do. Well, I had saved 2 tunes to play on upright for the evening, both at the end of the 2nd set. By the time those rolled around the crowd in the place was pretty big, and I finished sooner than I really had anticipated. What I hadn't noticed was that a table of hot girls was sitting directly in front of me the whole time, enthralled with me and the upright. The rest of the crowd dug it too, so I improvised 2 more tunes on the spot, and played an arrangement of Ornette Coleman's "Turnaround" that I'd come up with a day or two before. After I finished completely, all these girls crowded around and were just going on and on about the bass and my playing, etc. Needless to say, I was shocked that a crowd of 20-something ladies was THAT into my playing. It certainly made the gig that much better. One even wanted my phone number. :) The funny thing was that while everyone enjoyed the electric portion of the show, they dug the tunes on upright the most. I think I'm on to something here.... chicks dig upright bass. ;-)
  17. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Women don't usually like that in a man.

Hey Dunbar, people don't know me on the street as Hategear -- if a girl would just spend the time, they'd find I am more of a Lovesprocket. ;)
  18. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Bass players should get the chicks.After all,were the cool cats with the smooth groove.:D

But even assuming the above to be true,either Im in the wrong band or I live in the wrong city........
  19. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    stop playing because a chick walks in is no excuse. When i play for some reason our guitarist and i have alot fo friends that are girls and they seem to dance around us if we rehearse at his house, and he is on that has girls over alot. girls always dance around us distracting us but it dont stop me from playing, unless they pull off their tops. BTW were you able to see nipple? if u did i totally understand dude
  20. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Well, I set myself up for that one. 'Nuff said.... haha!