Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

messed up:marks new sig. pink bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NewBlinkDay182, Aug 15, 2001.

1. NewBlinkDay182

NewBlinkDay182

Aug 15, 2001
    link to marks new prototype pink jazz bass
    <A href="http://www.cy90.8k.com">WWW.CY90.8K.com

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you can also attach the pic file from your hard-drive.

it's easy - when you make the post, underneath the "options" section, is a section called attach. click the browse button, and select the file from your computer that you wish to attach. then everyone can click it off of the server and download it themselves.

3. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Pff. Yay, it's just a doctored version of Steve Barr's NAMM pic.

4. Biski2Dope

Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    Don't get me wrong, i'm all for anything pink...but...uh...what makes Mark Hoppus so special that he gets a signature bass?

5. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Its cause Mark Hoppus is Cool. Not only is he a bassist but he is popular.....how many bassist do you know of are that popular?

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Errr.... this is obviously a wind-up and the picture is a very badly "doctored" one. I can only presume it's yet another case of kids who aren't getting enough attention and want to get themselves noticed by being "naughty"! :rolleyes:

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If you're saying this is a kid w/nothing better to do than to take a J-bass & play on play computer game to make it look that ugly, you're wrong. (Even though I wish you were right!!!!) This is, unfortunatly, the Blink 182's signature bass. :( It's REALLY UGLY, IMO. :(

8. Bruce Lindfield

Well there is a pic on the Fender web page but it looks much better than the pic attached to this thread which has fuzzy edges and a mismatched neck!

[​IMG]

I think I'd prefer the Victor Bailey signature though!!;)

[​IMG]

9. Who is Mark Hoppus?

10. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    If not for hearing his name ad nauseam in the forums, I would never know who he was. :oops:

11. Bruce Lindfield

He's the guy with that pink bass in the Fender photo!! ;)

That's all I know about him as well, except that he gets mentioned a lot in heated arguments amongst "kids who aren't getting enough attention and want to get themselves noticed by being "naughty"!" :D

12. Bruce Lindfield

PS Looking at the photo... it's a shame he can't get trousers that fit him or a decent strap!

13. :rolleyes: here we go again. A company makes another bass made by the artist, because they sell out almost every show, overlooking the fact that all he can play is root 3th root 7th every bar,or he has been playing for about 3 years! It's all about how many fans the band has. IMHO very few bassists have gotten there own bass for there dedication to the insterment or for there awe-some playing. Fender please look around for bassist that have good playing skills. Next time they may make a signature bass they may pick a bassist that has show dedication to the insterment Leo Fender forbid! Ok off my soapbox now!

FF :eek:

14. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    That is one SWEET looking bass.

15. Look ,I've never heard this Hoppus guy so I can't speak on his playing ability, but you've got to realize that it's all about marketing.

Look at what Freaky fender said: "...because they sell out almost every show..."

This is exactly why he has a sig bass. All the Blink 182 fans that play bass are gonna see this instrument, and many are gonna want one.

If I was running Fender I'd do the same thing. Like it or not, Fender isn't in the business of making good music, they're in the business of making good money.

16. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Thanks. :)

17. Would you guys get off of Hoppus? I swear every blink 182 thread i see should actually be called "hey lets bash mark hoppus cause it so fun and its cool to do it to"

He's not the greatest, but then again chances are he could be alot better than some of you guys. He might even have some really cool stuff hes never used in blink, and doesnt plan on using it in blink either. But then again I dont know that either, so i cant say that for sure.

Hey, i like the Hoppus sig. bass, and when i get the fundage i might buy it. Since I like blink 182 and i like the hoopus sig bass, I guess I'm automatically lumped into "people who just buy the bass cause it has hoppus's name on it" stereotype. :rolleyes:

on a side note, i like the tom delonge sig strat too, and i might get one myself. it would be a nice pair to my hoppus sig bass ill be getting ;)

just 2 cents from one of the biggest blink fans around.

(hey look, 1500 posts!)

18. Reid

Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    power to ya jr.

19. FWIW I think the bass is an interesting design. I'm sure there are players out there who love the p-bass tone but perfer a Jazz body. Now they have their bass!

BTW where is it made and how much is it?

PS people can say what they want about this Hoppus guy but he's pictured there next to Marcus Miller, not any of us. ;)