Messed up Singers/Guitarists

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Sound Guy Paul, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Has anyone had a weird experience with your singer or guitarist during a gig? Once when we were playing at a local high-school fair, we were in the middle of Rollercoaster. It was a hot day and we were all sweating badly. In the middle of the song we did a transition into "Oh Yeah" by Yello (the song from Ferris Bueller) I looked at our singer and he was just singing the words right and then I look out into the crowd and when I turned back, I was right on time to see our cocky singer ripping off his shirt! Ok this was not a mosh pit or anything like that. It was like a church fundraiser and this dumb kid ripped off his shirt! needless to say we all kicked his booty when we were finished.
  2. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Sounds like he suffers from LSD. ( Lead Singers Disiese ) :D
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Oddly enough, I think it's cool. I like it. Maybe I'm not as old as I think.
  4. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    our singer once started sniffing lines of coke during a gig we did at a party :(

although i didn't actually *see* this. i'd already passed out on the grass :)

whaaaaat?? just getting into the spirit of things !! :p
  5. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    The singer of my band thinks he can sing(We are ready to boot his a** out for attitude reasons and lack of actual...talent) That and at our first gig he said this loveable line. "If you all dont get into this next song, I'm going to kill you!" Well needless to say we were then greeted with totall and utter silence untill one of our friends screamed. "YEAH!" Well thats my little singer tid bit. Now as for guitarist. Our former rhythem guitarist had a distortion fetish. He would allways crank distortion, even for soft slow songs... That and he never came to practice. We never bothered to get back anouther rhythem guitarist after we booted him out.