Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Messed up stock pickup...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by UzzA, Jan 25, 2003.

1. UzzA

UzzA

Mar 29, 2002
    Hey, the stock pickup on my essex p-bass looks a little messed up. You see the treble side of the split pickup looks like it wasnt intalled correctly and is at a funky angle (not parralle (sp?) with the bass body or strings). I tried to get it fixed by loosining the pickup screws and re-tighting them but still is messed up. The pickups actually sound quite decent but its just bugging me. How can i go about fixing this problem? Do I need to screw the screws in at some sort of an angle? or should I not even bother messing with it? Thanks for any help,
    Dave

2. UzzA

UzzA

Mar 29, 2002
    wow i thought this problem would be pretty common.......... Once again thanks for any help.
    Dave

3. maybe the springs/foam thing under the pickup that holds it up (pushes it up when thescrew is loosened) is messed up. that happened on mine a bit. it was the foam things, and i kept it set low into the body for a while, so it set in that position and i couldn't raise it back up.