1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Messed up stock pickup...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by UzzA, Jan 25, 2003.

1. UzzA

UzzA

Mar 29, 2002
    Hey, the stock pickup on my essex p-bass looks a little messed up. You see the treble side of the split pickup looks like it wasnt intalled correctly and is at a funky angle (not parralle (sp?) with the bass body or strings). I tried to get it fixed by loosining the pickup screws and re-tighting them but still is messed up. The pickups actually sound quite decent but its just bugging me. How can i go about fixing this problem? Do I need to screw the screws in at some sort of an angle? or should I not even bother messing with it? Thanks for any help,
    Dave

2. UzzA

UzzA

Mar 29, 2002
    wow i thought this problem would be pretty common.......... Once again thanks for any help.
    Dave

3. maybe the springs/foam thing under the pickup that holds it up (pushes it up when thescrew is loosened) is messed up. that happened on mine a bit. it was the foam things, and i kept it set low into the body for a while, so it set in that position and i couldn't raise it back up.