Messing Around

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stomniar, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Stomniar

Dec 5, 2003
    Spring Hill FL
    I was just messing around today on my bass, low end Spector through a Kustom 100w amp into a POS soundcard in my pc. I always like to listen to what you guys post on talk bass so I figured I would post this. It's nothing great or special, just me playing what sounded good and/or interesting. :cool:
  2. Nice stuff. Its great to just create cool sound and make it all sound like music. I enjoyed listening to that. How did you get that recorded to your PC and then to the TB forum?
  3. Stomniar

Dec 5, 2003
    Spring Hill FL
    Thank You :) I ran my bass into my amp, then my line out from my amp into the line in on my sound card in my pc. I then used nero wave editor to record it on my pc. Not the best quality, because the sound card isn't that great, but, hey, it was fun. :D I then uploaded the file to the space that my ISP provides me at no charge and put the link to my ftp space here.
  4. My amp does'nt have a line out. Can I use the head phone jack out?. I also have an efects loop in and out. Maybe from there?. I suppose you used an adapter of your line in to the sound cardbecause my sound card wont fit the 1/4 inch jack.
  5. Stomniar

Dec 5, 2003
    Spring Hill FL
    You may be able to use the head phn jack out, try it on low volumn and see if it works, it didn't hurt mine I tried a few different things. I bought a cord from radio shack that goes from 1/8" jack to 1/4" jack so I didn't have to mess with an adapter.
  6. AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    sounds pretty good man, keep up good work.
  7. i managed to not read a thing in this thread, that pug has my devoted attention .... pugs are cool, btw, i used a similar way of recording, except i use bass into BP-50 then dual output it, one into my soundcard the other into my amp which is miced and runs to the mic input of my PC, mix the two for a more 'real' sound.
  8. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I really like your tone, man. Keep up the good work.
  9. Chek this guy out!!