Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Messy wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Feb 16, 2006.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I did a series/parallel switching mod to my jazz. and i crammed the wires back in the control cavity the best I could. but I dont think its that neat. Will it overheat or anything? Its totally passive aswell.,

ALSO the pickup wires didnt reach so I extended them with some copper speaker cable. from my PC. Will this affect anything either?

2. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    If it works, no worries. I don't think it will overheat, I doubt there is enough current to cause anything like that to happen. As far as neatness, that's a personal thing. Neat wiring does make it easier to make changes or repairs though, less risk of melting insulation or picking the wrong wire to solder/unsolder.

BTW, I watched the video, but couldn't decide if the deeper tone was the series or parallel configuration?

3. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    The depper tone was the series. It also seems louder