met a fellow TB'er at Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Feb 6, 2004.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    i was cruising the bass room yesterday during lunch and saw someone playing an orange Bongo.

i have no shame, so i went up and asked his opinion.

come to find out, he's a talkbasser!!!

Lazlo Panaflex is is handle.

nice guy. we had a really nice chat.

fun running into TB-mates in person!

anyone else experience this?

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    One time I saw Bryan R. Tyler at a Primus concert, but I didn't talk to him because I was busy getting my face smashed.
  3. I've met Freaky Fender, and Killdar, Bfunk, Chris A., and Gruffpuppy in Providence. Although that meeting was planned. :)
  4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Malthumb and I have met at the Guitar Show here in Detroit. We planned it and all that. We hope to get together again sometime, but "Time is Tight".
  5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I met MJ5150 last night, but it was planned - not a chance meeting. He's a real nice guy.
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I met Wrong Robot once
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I hear he's cool.

I do not think there are ANY bassists in the northeast part of Lousiana that are on TalkBass.

Heck, It's a odd thing to just SEE another bassist, PERIOD.
  8. I have yet to be a Talkbasser. However,I like to keep my identity secret.
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I didn't see StupidMatt there though-I was too busy smashing some guy's face in. ;)

I met TBer rojo412 once and we went to a couple guitar shops, but that's it.
  10. I met Gard at his awesome place of work. I bought a bass in person off of humming bird, i have met Matt of FBB customs and i look forward to meeting many more N.E. TB'ers this spring at the get together.
  11. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I've met Brad Johnson, Fuzzbass (aka Ken), and Edwcdc (aka Ed). All supremely cool people :cool:
  12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    JT was in one of my nightmares. Does that count?
  13. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

What he said :D

I'm going to be in Orlando in mid March. That seems to be prime TB Territory, so I might run into Gard and others at BC. Only thing is, I'll be at a conference. The last two times we had our conferences in Orlando they had activities planned out for us past 9 pm. BC was in the process of relocating so even when I did find the time I couldn't visit.

14. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I met inazone right before Christmas and watched his band play. I also drove down to Colorado Springs to buy an Eden 210XLT from jrug. I always ask people if they know about TalkBass when I am in GC, but so far I have not met any members there yet.
  15. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT meet Tim Cole at Guitar Center.
    He will grab the nearest Warwank, plug it in, turn it up, and loudly slap "Higher Ground" until you want to crawl under the amplifiers and hope no one sees you. I swear to God I almost picked up a strat and started "Stairway to Heaven" just to get him back.

16. hehe :D
  17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    James, if you are stuck until after 9 pm, let me know, I will make arrangements to fit your schedule if it is at all possible! We're all done relocating thankfully, and have been for 3 years + now, I don't EVER want to move the store again. :spit:
  18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Go ahead, I'll get some sticks and find a drumkit, start playing "Wipeout"!!!! :eek:

19. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Dang, I wish I would of thought to put that in my 10 minute drum solo.
  20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    TB'er Max... I have been to his house three times... Never once have I met the guy. :p