Met a girl today... (funny).

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Microbass, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Today I got to pick up my Trace from the shop. Heading back from the shop to the train station I saw this girl waving her arms at me, so i turn off my music.

Girl: "Ahh! A Trace! Very pretty!"
    Me: "Marry me. Now."
    Girl: "Haha! My ex had a Trace stack. He never shut up about it"

We spoke about bass for a little while.

Girl: "Anyway I better go, but I'll tell you one thing... it was never a comfortable amp ;) "
    Me: "you've never sat on *my* Trace! :smug: "

kicking myself now... why didn't I ask for her number or something..?! D'oh! :D

The story ends on a sad note, however, as while having the compressor board replaced, my baby sounds absoulutly fantastic, but still the intensly low volume output. :crying:
  2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland totally should have gotten her number. She was BEGGING you to ask for it with a line like that. You set it up really well too, then you forgot to ask...

Oh well :)
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If it is to be, destiny will unite you two once again.

4. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    NOOOOOOOO! Shoulda asked for her #! Or invite her to your next gig or something. If you see her again, don't make the stupid mistakes I used to make. WHAT WAS I THINKING!? :crying:

And congrats on the new Trace :D Hope you get that volume thing fixed

5. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
    you should have followed your last comment with, "Maybe you'd like to try it out's my #, give me a call..."

who needs to ask? Just give it.
  6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Better act now! When you hit 47 girls don't wave at you and smile anymore, unless there's a Porsche involved! Bass amps just don't impress em after a certain age, my Aguilar DB 750 doesn't even get a second look! :D :D
  7. You don't know how many times I have come up with some awesome lines or great comebacks/insults about 10 minutes later. I need a time machine... :help:
  8. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I did that before and then i stopped... to the point where i would say anything... even stuff that were not on my mind... the hardest thing is to find balance...
  9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Wow.. hahaha... great.
    Was she hot? Then you let go of a gem, you fool :p
  10. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    ROTFLMAO.....So true,

Oh but young love to hear storys like that puts a smile on my face. :). If it was me I would go back to whereever you saw her and with the trace and sit there and hope that she showed up again. And if she ask why you are still carrying the Trace amp say "I was hopping it would help me find you again". or you can say that your taking it to get worked on whats your number?
  11. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
  12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Oh yeah... +1000
  13. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    oh well maybe you'll see her again
  14. that's a should go to the train station every day until you find her again.
  15. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    That's why I spend my off hours thinking of witty comebacks and quips. That way when I actually do get a girl to talk to me I can seem more witty and spontaneous...
  16. ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Put a personal ad in the local hip paper "I saw you at the train station and you wanted to sit on my Trace. I'll be at MickeyD's - you'll know it's me. I'll be wearing a Trace". or sumpthin'. Or you could wish on a star tonight really really really hard (the wish I mean)
  17. Im just gonna ask the important question: Did she have nice boobies??? :D ;) :D :p
  18. lots of "rack" and "rig" innuendos up for grabs....
  19. i always wanted a rack-mount trace!