Met one of my favorite bass players last Friday (longish story)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 327, Aug 9, 2018.

1. 327

327 Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Covington, Louisiana
    Ever since I heard my first song by the band Live, I was captivated. Like many I was a moody teenager and their music seemed to resonate with me. At the time, the internet and Youtube were not so common, so I learned to play the bass along with their songs by listening to the tape and on the radio. Patrick Dahlheimer was always someone I really liked as a bass player. Live was broken up for years and I never thought they would get back together.

They finally made up in 2016 and went on the road. I saw them at the Voodoo Music and arts fest last October, and the other night in Biloxi at the Beau Rivage theater.

After the show my fiancee and I were just sitting in the bar and in walks in Chad Taylor the guitar player from Live. As we are lining up to take a picture, other members of the band come in. So up walks Ed Kowalczyk, Patrick Dahlheimer, and Robin Diaz (second drummer). We just happen to get a picture with them. After the picture I'm telling Patrick about how much I admired his playing. I'm sure he hears it all the time, and I'm just some fan, but he really seemed flattered and said thanks. Overall they were all super nice. The show was incredible too by the way. So if they are coming to your town it is worth checking them out!
    IMG_0745.JPG