1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Met Stan lee.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Broadstbully22, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    So I know I can't be the only comic fan on here. A few weeks ago I got to meet the man. I snuck a picture of him then we talked for a bit while I got this signed. He was cool and I'm glad I got the chance to meet him.

2. Perelandra05

Perelandra05

Aug 1, 2013
    That is a sweet deal! I'd love the chance to thank him for all the legendary stuff he's created. Congrats!

3. Same here. I would love to be able to thank him. And Kirby, and Romita, and Swan, and Sprang, and Kane and Finger (especially Finger) ....

4. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I send him a birthday present when I was 8 and got a nice letter back (probably from his secretary)

Still keep it in my safe

stanlee.

5. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Excelsior!

6. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    That's pretty cool.

7. Whether or not it was from his secretary, at least he was nice enough to take the time to acknowledge the gift, dictate a letter and say thank you, and I'd be willing to bet that's his actual signature. Very nice.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What did you talk about?

-Mike

9. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    I met him when I was 13 or 14. He signed my Conan #1, with his autograph & a not-so-subtle "Excelsior!"

10. That is very cool. Actually, from most of the interviews I heard with him or others talking about him, I believe fan correspondence are actually done by Mr. Lee himself. (At the very least, it would have his own signature.)

11. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    You know what? I'm not all that big a comic book fan, but I was once a kid, so of course I've read them. Mr. Lee is a real cool guy, and his group really did do the best comics of my generation Spider Man was far cooler than anything DC had out, and the Silver Surfer was positively psychedelic, and stayed cool long after I "grew up."

This guy is a living legend, and he somehow managed to stay real. I would be thrilled to meet him, as I'm sure were you.

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Stan Lee is the Boss. There will come a day when his work gets full recognition and he will be considered a major writer, not only an entertainer for kids and teens.
    I have nothing but admiration for him. As said, the depth of his stories go so much further than any other comic book.

Have you watched his show about real life super heroes? It's kinda entertaining, although a bit too sensational for me.

13. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I watched the show a few times. The guy who could have his hands smashed with a hammer and feel no pain was awesome.

-Mike

14. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    Basically told him that my dyslexia made it hard for me when I was a kid and that my mom used comics to make me better. She would bribe me with comics and that I grew up on his stuff and will always be very grateful. He was very humble and he told me that he was honored that his "goofy" imagination could inspire so many. Then I asked how he was feeling because he looked tired and they asked everyone to not shake his hand because he gets sick. He just said "old". Then I thanked him and he said "no thank you". It was little, but I've wanted to meet him my whole life and wanted to do it while I still had the chance. It was just cool to talk to him. The picture hangs in my bass room in a frame now. Lol

15. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Way cool. Thanks for sharing the pic and story. I'd love to meet the guy some day.

-Mike

16. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I was always a captain America guy. My name is Steve and my family are veterans as I am. Captain was also the first marvel hero.

17. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Apr 8, 2013
    Stan Lee did a great job back in the '60's developing characters relevant to the time they were in.
    DC's approach to the '60's was to create a second parrallel universe to capitilize on their current line up.