Metal Bands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Jan 29, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Alright, I need help. I love metal, especially thrash metal, but i find that just about every metal band i check out has the same type of singer, the one that has a sore flemy throat and is on the virge of death metal singing. it really annoys the **** out of me. i like my metal singers to have some meat to their voice, like mustaine or hetfield. i need to know some bands that are like speed/thrash metal but dont have singers like the ones in Slayer, Dillinger Escape Plan, Death, etc.

And this is a reminder to myself: Testament.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Opeth... their singer transitions between growly death metal vocals and one of the best male singing voices I've ever heard. IMO.
  3. steve21

steve21 Banned

Nevermore (I consider them thrash)
  4. Uh ........No screaming? .....Uh I can't think of much thrash unless your going for old School.

Oh wait! There's Early Man

Maybe Voivod
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Early man is good... some dude on Myspace said my band sounded like Early Man... that said....

Completely shameless...

Have you heard the Dillinger EP with Patton? That was a good un.

P.S. DIO!

6. I may be the Godking, but Dio is the Godking of Godkings.

I want to write some fan mail to Dio requesting he run for President. We wouldn't need an Airforce, we'd have dragons.
  7. I was gonna say Testament, haha. Does that mean you're reminding yourself to give 'em a try or are you a fan or what? I LOVE Testament, saw them in October and it was freakin amazing (but too loud for such a small venue).
    Anyway, try listening to Sepultura. They're a Brazilian metal band with a pretty unique and ever-changing sound. My favorites from them are the albums Chaos AD, Arise, and a live one called Under a Pale Grey Sky. Anything they did with their original singer Max Cavalerra (who is now in Soulfly) was great. I haven't heard much of their newer stuff, but I hear it's still good.
  8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA

How about some old school Sacred Reich, D.R.I., M.O.D., S.O.D., or Biohazard? I know Biohazard is kind of like a hybrid of genres but I liken it to thrash.

No Slayer huh? I hope you have listened to more than just the tunes that are "popular" from them to get a good feel for Tom's vocals.
  9. How about Pantera?? They 're gone now but they 've got pretty nice vocals. Soulfly is as good as Sepultura, although It's been said than Cavalera will be back with Sepultura very soon
  10. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I will back up the fact that Testament is sweet. They have some really good heavy thrash songs, and Chuck Billy has a pretty cool voice. Actually, even though it's somewhat 'ballad-like', the guitar solo in the song 'Return To Serenity' is my favourite guitar solo of all-time (not counting 'Voice of the Soul'). It is absolutley perfect.

Plus, they have Steve DiGiorgio, which is never a bad thing. ;)

11. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

Iced Earth has had some great vocalists over the years, and is right down your alley musically based on your comments.
  12. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    A little bit on the slower tip, but definitely the singer you're looking for would be Corrosion of Conformity.
  13. mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Forbidden, Nuclear Assault, Exodus, Wrathchild America/Souls At Zero, Anthrax, Violence, Death Angel, Overkill.

More as I remeber
  14. +1 on favorite thrash metal band of all time and the lead singer has an interesting melodic yet brutal/harsh voice. Check out their newest album, Enemy Of God...awesome!

Others I like:

-Blind Guardian/Demons & Wizards (any...Hansii's voice rules!)
    -Carcass (from Heartwork and Swansong albums)
    -Control Denied (there was only one album ever made)
  15. great kreator!!!also great anthrax and Sacred Reich!!
    Opeth are also a great band but they are a bit different from those other band!

I also play metal my band is called corpse****ing art...nice name uh?ahahah

if someone want to check the site and tell me what thinks of it i will be glad www.corpse****

We have released some cds with Usa labels..but we are italians
  16. xonebass

Feb 17, 2005
    Orange, CA
    Personally if you like thrash/speed metal and want to hear a singer who can sing and guitar players that have extreme precision as well as speed, I would check out progressive metal.

Russel Allen of Symphony X is probably the best singer from this genre (in my humble opinion) and can do everything from growling Hetfield to clear (yet still masculine) highs that are truely awe inspiring.

Other bands to consider include Opeth, Evergrey, Kamelot, and of course Dream Theater.

Just my 2 cents.