1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Metal Bass Tone

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dragoon419, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Hey, I've been listening to Entombed lately, specifically their "Wolverine Blues" album, and was wondering how Lars Rosenberg got that clunky sound on tracks like Wolverine Blues, Full of Hell, and Demon.

I've been trying with my bass, and the only logical explanation I can think of is that he uses a pick on really brand new nickle-steel (or stainless steel), super light, low tension strings, and tunes them down to C standard.

Response would be sweet if you know anything, even what bass, strings, or amp he uses.

2. In the WB video he's using what appears to be an Ibanez Soundgear, but other than that 'I know nothing'.

Check out the 'To Ride...' album for the best Entombed bass sound IMHO. Different bassist though and he played a Precision:bassist: