1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Metal Grill (Rear) for Ampeg SVT II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sincity, Apr 19, 2006.

1. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I need a the metal grill for the rear of my Ampeg SVT II.

Ampeg does not carry these through their parts department.

Any suggestions on where I can get one, or where I can pick a similar material and cut it to size?

Here is what I am talking about.

2. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    The unit is pretty old, so that would be why we don't have them.

I believe the grille AND the two metal parts that go under the "feet" in your illustration are all one piece welded, but you can probably get some perf material from a hardware store and cut to fit in the same spot. As long as it has reasonable open area it should be fine.

It's the same type material as on the steel grilles for some speakers........ so it is heavier than some.

3. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks for the response Jerrold. I had a feeling I was going to have to go that route.

It shouldn't be too hard to find.

4. Ampeg repairs department actually told me last year that they did have them, but that it would cost $40+ in the US, and shipping to the UK would be another $20 or so, so i thought "forget that", the new rack case im getting for mine has rear rack rails so im going to get a 3U vented/perforated space blocker and use that at the back, almost the same effect and much much cheaper!

- Will