1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

metal heads- critique our recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Dec 10, 2011.

1. People who don't like screaming or metal/hardcore please don't hate, I'm just looking for some input on our recording.

Let me know what you think needs adjusted- this is a rough mix of what we did a couple weeks ago. I think there's too much sub on the low end and maybe the guitars could be brighter. I'd also like to hear more growl come out on my bass.

Oh- not only did I play bass but I also did vox. We just got a singer though, so I'm not the singer anymore :(

Sorry- I deleted the songs because they had my full name in the link.

2. zachreh

zachreh

Mar 7, 2008
    south florida
    I like it a lot. Your bass has a nice low mid punch that stays consistant throughout the song very cool

3. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Sounds pretty good to me.

Try adding some high-mids to the bass track, that should give your bass some more "bite", and help separate it from the guitars.

Guitars don't sound too dark btw, at least not to my ears.

4. Cool, thanks for the input guys! I really appreciate it. Yeah I already asked our engineer to put some high mids back into the bass to make it jump out more. These two songs were actually recorded during a video shoot, so we hope to have the video out soon.