Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metal Storm - Thrash Metal

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by metalstorm, Jan 12, 2006.

1. This is my metal band.
    http://myspace.com/metalstormtracker

The bass is hard to hear which kind of sucks but the sound quality overall is pretty good. Apocalypse has some of the best bass work. I recorded the whole song with my Dingwall Afterburner II six string.

2. Is that you in the picture? :confused: Click the link and see.

3. wow, that was a smart thing to do, anyways i fixed the link

4. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Well, I'll comment. 39 year old metalhead, pretty much old school **** tho.

Love the Iron Maiden fonts, too. LOL! Excellent!

Requim is VERY 'tallica in the Banzai days.
    That chug riff is cool, man. Like the "out" of the solo. The ride work is good, adds a "flight" feel.

Overall a pretty cool metal tune.

"Sons" is pretty cool, too. Slayer, early 'tallica. Nice middle "classical". Lose the harsh bell, tho.

Hmmm, off to Testament after the classical bit? Thats very cool but lose the stuttering drums.

Punch's are awesome but keep the tempo fast under the solo from the start. Slow at the end is cool. Then that pause. Nice but come out up tempo! Rip my head off!

End it at 6.53

Keep that outro as another song.....

Overall? Very cool! Total 'smoke a dube and trip' metal.

I like it!

5. Thanks for the Opinion, can you clarify what you mean by the stuttering drums?

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    All in all, not too shabby. I think you should lose the Maiden font though, seems sort of presumptuous.

7. Yeah, thats the old font, were not gonna keep it, but that was the only peice of art we had. we have a new logo in the works