Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metal, where to start ... New Overkill, Motorhead/Anthrax Tour

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sanctum, Mar 17, 2003.

1. yeeehawww, its a good month coming up.

New Overkill cd, Killbox 13, is awesome. Go buy it now!

Motorhead/Anthrax on tour!!! I'll see them twice the same weekend - on 5/2 in Columbia, MO and 5/4 in Indianapolis. Anyone close to those venues wants to hook up and say Hello, drop me a line.

OH yea, and my band opens for Goatwhore this Wednesday 3/19 at Pops in Sauget, IL, right outside of St. Louis - breeze on down for some mid-week metal action :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. i'm seeing motorhead and anthrax on may 9th in boston. it's gonna be sweet. i will be getting the crap kicked out of me in some pits, i'm sure.
    excellent.:D

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Anytone seeing Motorhead in the UK (edingborough I think our tickets are for) in October? I'm off with my dad and a few of his mates if anyone wants to meet us.

Edit:spelt motorhead wrong (impatient typing), and edingbo..edinb..that city in Scotland...

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Is that near Edinburgh?????;) :D :D

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LOL! I gotta say though, yoshi, that is a superb misspelling of Edinburgh. I've never seen it misspelled quite like that before.

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    :p ..erm, well my excuse is I live 10 miles from a town named 'scarborough' which is pronoucned roughly like Edinburgh (tried spelling it a few times then copied it from your quote). :D

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Well, I'll give you that, Scarborough is pronounced kinda like Edinburgh. But, that doesn't explain the extra G - Edingborough. :D

8. Most bands pass up the northwestern states. I heard it was due to some invitation requirements and that the promoters won't pay the bands. Leeches? Well, we don't often get to see the touring acts up here, regardless. I would have really liked to see Dream Theater on their last tour, but the closest show was in San Francisco.

9. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ..Oh the exra G, I must have caught the G key...

..yeah, I caught the G key by accident...
    :bag:

10. Well I'm kind of bummed as I heard Anthrax isnt joining the tour until around May 6th! Ah well, its always good to see Lemmy and the boys.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    They should play in Edinboro... PA