Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metalic Orange Stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassRocker8713, Mar 22, 2005.

1. BassRocker8713

BassRocker8713

Jul 15, 2003
    Ok, I was at my local Guitar Center and I saw a metalic orange stingray. So I was like, cool, I'll check that out on the 'net when I get home. Well I get home and, lo and behold, I can't find any metalic orange Stingrays anywhere. Was this a limited edition color or is it a refinish? It's a really sweet color, and if it's not a refinish, I'm probably gonna pick it up. So what do you guys think? :confused:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Could it have been desert gold? Or was it less yellowish/golish and more orange?

3. BassRocker8713

BassRocker8713

Jul 15, 2003
    It was definitely very orange. I don't think it was the desert gold.....and that's not even one of the choices for colors of 3-band stingrays on the MM site, so I don't know....

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I know what you mean. There's an orange one with an andonized pickguard over at the danvers GC.. Very cool.

5. BassRocker8713

BassRocker8713

Jul 15, 2003
    Tatooed -
    No, it wasn't a sparkle honeyburst, it's strait orange.

6. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I think it was desert gold. It sounds a lot like the color you're describing, and according to the actual musicman color chart, you can get the stingray in that color.

7. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Lava Pearl or Copperhead Bronze (with copper pickguard)?

8. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    like this?

I had one a week or two ago. Very cool color. Mine had a matching headstock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. It may have been this color. EB made a handful for NAMM and decided not to make it a production color. They were sold to Guitar Center, and are a limited run.

[​IMG]

10. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Very cool!

11. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    they did do a limited edition in some sort of radiation orange or something. you can tell if its the limited edition one cuz it has a black headstock.

12. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I was in a Guitar Center just the other day and say one in a Metallic Orange w/matching headstock just like the one that Brian posted a picture of. Man, that bass looked fantastic.

13. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I just got a translucent orange - the wood grain shows though the finish. It's a beaut.

14. BassRocker8713

BassRocker8713

Jul 15, 2003
    Brian Barrett -
    That's the bass! So is that desert gold, or something else? I'm going back to GC tomorrow, so I just might be coming home with it!

15. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Could be Desert Gold. It looks VERRRRRY orange.

16. rathervague

rathervague

Oct 13, 2004
    I had one exactly the color that brian_barret's is, matching headstock and all. Got it at a GC here in SoCal. It was real nice but I returned it and got a G&L l-2000 at Buffalo Brothers.