Metallica Bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mikemulcahy, Feb 19, 2001.

1. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Has anyone else heard that Mike Dean from COC may be the new Bassist for metallica? I know him personally (he lives here in Raleigh NC) but he hasnt been home for me to talk to him.

2. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    That would be awesome! I hope its true. Personally I was not upset at all that Jason left (sorry, I know that offends a lot of you). I would like Metallica to get back to a more raw angry sound.
  3. TT

Feb 14, 2001
    metallica will never be the same :( personally every thing after master of puppets sucks
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Ain't THAT the TRUTH!
  5. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    I think it was shortly after "And Justice for All" that their sound started to change. I haven't listened alot to the new cds but whatever happened to the classical guitar intros and songs about Chtulu like Master of Puppets.
  6. TT

Feb 14, 2001
  7. nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    I think most of Metallica's new stuff sucks, but some of it is ok. I agree, they need more of a raw angry sound. Their first 3 or 4 albums were great though.
  8. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    I heard that the bassist of Alice In chains(sorry cant remember his name) was gonna join, he is good friends with the guys of MetallicA, JUST A RUMOR,

I love Metallica I like the Unpopular Load and Reload albums, And I WISH THEY WANTED ME TO JOIN!!! and trust me if they asked any of you "non-die hard" fans to join I bet you would...

P.S. -- I also heard they might be looking at Mike Inez (played with the Ozz Man, on "No More Tears")
  9. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    It's funny how things that were once on the fringes becomes mainstream.

Sure who wouldn't want to be in a killer rock band. It's just that the music has definitely become more mainstream. Compare "Ride the Lightning" to any of the new stuff I think you could fiqure out what I mean.
    It's just different.
  10. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Personnally, I think that whoever signs up for this gig is in for torture WAY beyond what Jason put up with. Metal becomes big business, and how are they going to keep the machine running? My guess is that they wind up with a hired gun, and not a full band member.
  11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i heard that james hetfield himself would play bass on the recording of the next album....:rolleyes:
  12. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    .....and I'll play their songs live with them... :D
  13. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    I hear that they found a new bassist! But sadly they caught him with an mp3 of Jump in the Fire on his computer. Back to the drawing board :p

By the way, I would rather see the guy from AIC play with AIC if they'll ever get back together again. What's with those guys anyway? I like them a lot better than Metallica.

I used to be a HUGE Metallica fan back in the day when I was in high school. MoP posters all over the room, the works. MoP was to me, the last great Metallica album and it's still the best one.

I'll go about as far as the black album, after that I hate what they've been putting out. What's with those pics in Load anyway? I see Lars with his feather boas and nipple rings, and then I'm supposed to listen to him lecture me on copyright infringement? Yeah ok...

money gooooooooooood! feather boas baaaaaaaaaaaad!
  14. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL

Those two are the same guy!
    Mike Inez, the guy from Ozzy, is also the guy from Alice In Chains...
  15. Vibratto

Dec 23, 2009
  16. Richard Sabines

Richard Sabines

Sep 25, 2007

17. Richard Sabines

Richard Sabines

Sep 25, 2007
    Roberto Magdaleno Trujillo Garcia Alejandro Veracruz
  18. this is some serious zombie...
  19. hankazoid

Feb 27, 2009
    Cambridge, MA.
    A little off topic, but I recently saw on TV this rock n roll hall of fame concert where Metallica backed up Lou Reed to play "Sweet Jane". It was f*cking terrible, as were many of the other performances. But that one was probably the worst matchup in that concert. Definitely not what I'd want to see from a band like Metallica.
  20. Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    Holy about diggin up an old thread!! :ninja: