Metallica breaks up

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by embellisher, Apr 1, 2003.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep. It's officially over.

Here's a quote from the website.

We have always been honest with our fans and nothing will ever change that. This is the hardest thing we have ever had to post but Metallica is no more....we are no longer a band. Disagreements on the lineup of our Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003 has caused this untimely occurence. What it boils down to is James Hetfield did not think LIMP BIZKIT should be a part of the tour. The rest of the band disagreed, James threatened to not show up for the tour, so we as a band have decided to fire James from the band. WE WILL NOT CONTINUE WITHOUT JAMES. We will be going our seperate ways. This is really it guys, James went so far as to legally cancel our contract with our label. So to our fans....thank you for a great ride. Thanks for making our boyhood dreams come true. Godspeed to you all.

Read about it here.
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

That really scared me!
  3. We all knew it would happen sooner or later. Just glad it happened sooner.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Good. They've really worn out their welcome.

I'm sure they'll have a reunion tour WITH Limp Bizkit in like a month.
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    One can dream...
  6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Man, if only it were true. There you go, all getting my hopes up and everything, but alas, I knew it would only be a joke. :( Lars would never miss out on the opportunity to increase his wealth.
  7. Yay! Metallica has been sucking big time for the past 10 years! Good show!

I've been an almost die hard fan until about '93. Then they cancelled the METAL in METALlica.
  8. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Got me. That's too funny.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I almost droped dead when i saw that, you got me good, Wow i am still in shock lets see what this album does.
  10. It is obvious to anyone who has been watching Metallica over the last seven or eight years that they have been in a steady decline. The quality of music has declined to be almost non-existant (in fact, I had read one report that the sole reason for the back-to-back Load/Re-Load thing was simply to "put out **** to fill the Elektra contract"). I can't speak for the accuracy of that (hell, I don't even remember where I read it), but it wouldn't surprise me. "Load" was short for "load of ****". The only exception to this decline (to me anyway) was the deal with the San Francisco Symphony, S&M. That was pretty choice, but then again, I've yet to see a rock band come off BADLY when they do that "rock meets symphony" routine. Make no mistake, it IS a routine.... Many have been there before Metallica got the idea for it.

So the years have past, their star has risen, shone brightly and now it has fallen. They've had more time in fame than Warhol allotted them, and that time is now done.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    For a moment, I though James had ceased to be JAYMZ and regained his pride and credibility. Then I remembered what day it was. SCREW YOU EMBELLISHER!!!! ;) just kidding, good one.
  12. Damn... I was gotten...
  13. Darn, it's not true:(

:p :)
  14. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I was hoping... oh well, bully for them. They no longer exist in my world anyway.
  15. Darn. If only 't'were true.

Rock on
  16. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Surprise, surprise, surprise.

17. Damn, I thought it was real. :(