Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metallica Fans Only!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jun 14, 2001.

1. Kill 'Em All

17 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Master Of Puppets

28 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. Ride The Lightning

16 vote(s)
    16.2%
  4. ...And Justice For All

16 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Black/Self Titled

10 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. Load

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. ReLoad

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Garage Inc.

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. S&M

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    ok finally i got around to making this post
    i want to know what your favourite metallica album is. u can aslo mention ya fav song to if ya want
    im a huge metallica fan and im just wondering what all my fellow bassists think about them so if theres anything u want to get off your chest about them DO IT HERE!
    thanks

2. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    i forgot to say in that last poll
    i love each and every metallica song

3. "Justice" is definitely my favourite, even though many of you will disagree with me , due to the lack of bass in the mix and the weird drum sound.

There are some absolutely killer riffs on that album. But I must admit, they did go a bit overboard on the whole "epicness" of some of the songs.

4. although one of my most favorite songs is The Call Of Ktulu from Ride The Lightning, i voted for Master Of Puppets. it's just amazing. Damage Inc. is amazing.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My vote goes for Puppets. Justice annoyed me with its lack of audible bass, and they seemed to soften up a lot for the black album. I have to admit though, I really like "Low Man's Lyric". (ducking now....)

6. For me, its a toss up between Puppets and Lightning. Both have awesome compositions. Heavy, phat, and dark.

7. I voted Puppets cause as an overall album I liked it best. But I love the riffs and dark sound on Justice. And Kill em All has Anaesthesia on it which is one of the main reasons I picked up the bass. And Lightning has good songs on it too. Their songs had a lot of depth and energy to them. And I really liked Kirk's whacked out solos.

But everything after that - no way.

8. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    Its impossible for me to choose, I love everything about Metallica. but I'd probably choose sumthing with Cliff

9. Same here, Justice is definatly my fav, despite you can barely hear the bass (if you can even hear it at all!).

"One" is of my favorite songs ever and "To Live is to die" just friggin rocks. I even like the little acoustic intro and outro on it.

10. I love them all but Justice just seems to be the most pissed off album! :)

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think every Metallica album is awesome in it's own way. "If you dont' grow, you die." I voted for Master of Puppets, well, because it's the best Meatllica album. ;) My all time favorite song is Orion.

12. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    My vote goes to Black Album.
    The heaviness in the intro to Sad But True just owns me...

/lovebown

13. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I voted for Justice, the only thing I don´t like about it is the bass, or lack of it..

14. I gotta go with the Kill em All. There's just something about that album. I can't keep it out of my CD player.

15. i'd have to say Justice, just because One is one of the greatest songs ever made, and you can never get sick of it.

16. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    I went for RTL, since it my opinion it's their evilest and most angsty album. Of course you have Fade to Black, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and Call of Kthulu. hehe.. they could have done without Trapped Under Ice though.

17. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Kill em All rules.RTL and Master of Puppets are good too,and imo when Cliff died Metallica died too.

18. went with master of puppets, althought the first time my lead guitarest heard "dyers eve" he started foaming at the mouth!

19. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    gee
    Load and Garage Inc. really have a lot going for them in this poll
    hehe

20. Who the hell is metallica anyway?