Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metallica filmed video and performed in San Quentin State Prison

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by alexssandro, May 22, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Yeah, it was the new video for the song "St Anger". By the looks of the pictures, it look pretty damn cool. I cant wait to see it.

Check out the inmate "enjoying himself" :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

:p

2. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    hahahaha :)

::begin rant::
    Metallica's new stuff just isn't doing it for me. They played a little snippet of one of their new songs on the radio yesterday, and it sounded like they've been listening to alot of Nothingface lately. Nothingface is good and all, but Metallica just.... i dunno.... its depressing... I started playing bass because of metallica back in the early 90's.... and now look.....
    ::end rant::

3. I think I'd be a lot more nervous performing in front of an "intimate" prison crowd than in front of 50,000 people. :D

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    First Johnny Cash, then Steve Earle, and now Metallica. I think it's cool that they went and played in a prison.

We actually have a local blues band here, that does a little prison tour at the end of every year.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    We have to pay $70 to see Metallica, and criminals get to see them for free? What the hell is wrong with this country?

6. Wait, are these the same Metallica that were -more or less- responsible for the end of Napster?

;)

7. Metallica play in a prison....Metallica tracks played repeatedly to break the will of Iraqi POW's-
    a connection? subliminal messages in Metallica's music, maybe?

[​IMG]

BTW I wonder what the inmate was "enjoyng himself" over....
    was he imagining the stacks of cash rolling in off the advance orders for St. Anger:p

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's too funny. Made my day!!!!!