Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metallica just annonced their new bass player

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 24, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

And it is Me just kidding i could with my nick name, it is the guy who was playing for Ozzy Robert Trujillo check it out on their site www.metallica.com. Well i guess their will be no return of Jason:meh: I do wonder if Robert will be allowed to write songs with the band.

2. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Anyone want to start a pool on how soon it'll be before Robert gets tired of being bossed around and leaves? :spit:

I say 1 month

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    O-kaay,

Let's try to give this thread a fair chance now, shall we?

I will recommend the banning of any member who makes any disparaging remarks against any group of minority.

Incidentally, click here.

No excuses.

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I admire Robert Trujillo tremendously, so much so that I don't believe he would be anybody's patsy or tolerate "initiation" pranks of the kind Jason had to suffer. I trust that Trujillo has had a firm understanding with Lars and company that his bass will NOT be buried in the mix and that he will be a fully contributing member of the band and not just a sideman to be bullied into submission. Under those circumstances I believe he will be an asset to Metallica.

Now who is going to play bass for Ozzy?

5. I'd give till the end of the tour...

6. Well, he is a Mexican like Kirk is (and me), us peeps have to stick together, so if Robert goes so will Kirk, in his defense.

:D

Nah, I dunno man. Maybe like..until the end of the year perhaps.

7. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I listened to "send me your money" by suicidal tendencies. Hot damn! I wish I could do that!

Metallica better not waste his talent!

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Bravo!

I think he will be a fine bassplayer for them,,,, As jt said....or....did say, his stuff with infectious grooves as awesome, hope the butthole duo "Kirk and Lars" give him a fair chance.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You should check out some of his stuff with Infectious Grooves.

10. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Cant wait till summer....so I can actually see him in action with them.

I know I'd never be in a situation like metallica was in....since its me and the main guitarist who are the guts of the band. and thats a goood thing.

11. That man can play the bass, great stage presence too. Is this a permanent position or is he just filling in as a touring bassist like he has many times in the past?

12. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Rob- Mexican
    Kirk- Mexican
    Lars- Duetsch
    Jaymz- American

:D

Man, finnaly, they are a full working band again. I cant wait to see them now. From what ive heard he is a good bass player. haha cool, and he looks happy aswell :D

13. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Dude I tought Kirk was Phillapinian??

14. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hey Embellisher, any chance you could combine this with the oh, 10 other "Robert Trujillo joins Metallica/ aka Selloutica" threads?

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

None of them are in Miscellaneous, so I can't. I guess I could move it to Bassists, but I think that it probably belongs here.

16. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    No prob, I've just seen one of these threads floating aroudn in just about every forum it seems and thoguht it might be advantageous to consolidate them.

17. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    That isn't what I meant - I was referring to the MetalliDictatorship of Lars and James - probably the reason why Jason got fed up and left.

I think Trujillo is a great player. It's just that he is even more aggressive than Jason Newsted, which is why I don't think he'll be sticking around for long.

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The return of fingerstyle to Metallica,I will miss not hearing those Sadowsky's live.

20. why do you say that?