Metallica no longer with Bob Rock, enter Rick Rubin!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Feb 16, 2006.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Big news, Metallica is working with Rick Rubin for the first time!!!
    I guess the St.Anger thing was the last of Bob Rock......

I never thought they would get rid of Bob Rock.....

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    For production, or what?

If so, then "Thank god."

If you mean for the bass chair, then "What the hell happened to Trujillo?"
  3. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
  4. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

I don't think Rick Rubin plays bass
  5. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    This is straight off of Metallica's site;

Oh, and by the way, this up and coming producer guy named Rick something-or other, has been coming by the studio every now and again to listen to some of our new stuff and throw his two/three cents in.

Since this Rick dude is new to all of this, we thought it would be a nice gesture to help break him into the music business by asking him to produce our next record. We're very happy he said yes! In other words, we are psyched to share with you that Rick Rubin is producing the next Metallica album! F*** YEAH!
  6. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    I refuse to get psyched about this. How can Metallica possibly extricate themselves from the quagmire of the suck?
  7. I understand that Metallica was looking to do something different on St. Anger, but at some point Rock should have said "I don't care if you are f*in' Metallica, this is not working, this sucks" and made them do it all over again. A 'live' sound is one thing - what they got was purely another. Garage quality tracks with scratch vocals and no guitar solos? Geez. The record has a half finished sound to it, at best, lol. I have admired quite a bit of Bob Rock's work but St. Anger was a horrific example of studio recording. It was Metallica's idea, so I only blame him for not telling them how bad it was. But he should have. I doubt there is any way Rick Rubin is going to let a band he's producing sound as lazy. Here's to hoping...
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Ho hum. These guys are played out. Rick Rubin can't save them.

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Gotta love that drop tuned snare drum :smug:
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The thing is, Bob is an excellent producer. It wasn't just him to suggested that the new album sound like garbage. They all decided to take the band in a horrible direction. I don't care if Rick Rubin's beard is producing the album, it will still suck.
  11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Fixed it :D
  12. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Well there are plenty of the "Metallica sucks now and forever" people out there and will say the new album will suck before and after they listen to it.
  13. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Bob supposedly has been in line to do the new Motley Crue album.

Rick is the man...if anyone can help them, I think they found the guy to do it.
  14. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    What Razor said. Great choice.
    Anyway, I found St.Anger interesting to say the least. They sure made a unique album, which I believe was their aim. If that's good or bad.. well most will say that in this case it's bad. I liked it. Much preferred it to judas priest's or iron maiden's last efforts that were exactly the same with 15 years ago.
    I'm pretty enthusiastic about metallica and rubin working together. After all it's the biggest metal band ever period so it will be interesting. Even if it sucks.
  15. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Perhaps Dave Mustaine should produce

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Cool , I cantr wait for the next album :hyper: :bassist:
  17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That's just me daring them. ;)

Frankly, Metallica has never done anything ever that has been mind blowing in any way. They are truely the vanilla of metal, and everything they have ever done has been done before. So this is me daring Metallica to make some sort of avant guarde metal album or something so mind blowingly original... my guess, honestly, the black album II.

But I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
  18. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    God, I hope Rick can make it work...I had hope for St. Anger since I didn't like Load, Reload, or the Black album. St. Anger the song had some fast thrashy parts which I enjoy, but the tin can snare really annoyed me and took me away from the overall music.

I just hope Rick does for Metallica what he did for Slayer and Jay Z.
  19. If they make a good album I'll eat my underthings. I will count on being hungry.

The last good thing they put out was and Justice for All.
  20. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Let's hope that Rick can revitalize Metallica.