Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metallica opening for the Rolling Stones

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 9, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

2. that sucks for Metallica. If you read Anthony Keidis' (RHCP singer) autobiography, he says that it sucks and the people treat you like crap. They'll give you a tiny piece of the stage, won't let you sound check, and most of the fans aren't interested in you because they're too sophisticated. They'll use that time to buy snacks and souveniers and what not.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wierd seeing Metallica as a supporting act, but bassist66 is correct... I don't care who I'd be opening for, I want respect.

4. MAJOR METAL

5. MAJOR METAL

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    hmmm... I'd rather die...

for $1200... see two bands that I consider washed up (the rolling stones by about a decade)

7. Make that 2 decades. It's been a long time since tattoo you.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I wouldn't pay 1200 to see Pink Floyd circa 1977, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Clutch, Frank Zappa and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, open for Miles David playing Pangaea. With Rain Dogs era Tom Waits as an encore special guest.

I actually don't get this price. 120 for the average stones ticket, 40 for the average Metallica ticket. Please tell me the extra 1000 bucks is supposed to go to a charity and not either band's sufficently fat wallets.

9. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I wouldn't pay $1200 to hang out with Rush with a backstage pass before a show with a lobster and swordfish all-you-can-eat buffet.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Hmmm... I've got an idea... but I'm going to need to invent that time machine first. For kicks, I think I'll invite J.S. Bach along for the ride.

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'd rather see the stones than metallica. The stones are still being true to themselves and doing what they do as well as they always have IMO. Metallica..eh, no :)

12. Growler

Growler

Sep 26, 2004
  13. MAJOR METAL

14. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    isnt metallica playing with lenny kravitz next weekend? even worse, im not sure whos opening for who! Hopefully lenny is opening...

God metallica, what have you done?! next its gonna be green day or some bull**** like that

15. MAJOR METAL

16. MAJOR METAL

17. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    They ran out of drug money.

18. MAJOR METAL

19. that would be pretty wild show i expect, while both bands are past their prime, that doesnt change their past, and having seen the stones on this tour a few months ago, they are still a formidable force. i have never seen a concert like that, and anyone who says they are has-beens must not have ever seen kieith richards rip though a solo, or mick jagger run from end to end of a 100+ yard long stage. for a group of senior citizens, they can still rock a crowd to its core.

20. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Is the donut shaped like James Hetfield? 'Cause I'd buy that. And the $1200 Pink Floyd/ELP/J.S. Bach/Tom Waits ticket with an all-you-can-eat-whilst-hanging-around-with-Rush swordfish and lobster buffet.