1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Metallica serves Fernandes a cease and desist.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Harper, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Harper

Harper

Nov 10, 2001
  2. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

That is quite humorous

3. Aahzz

Aahzz

Aug 28, 2008
    A cease and desist letter isn't a suit.......yet.

4. Could this be why people have been reporting seeing Rob playing Yamaha instead of Fernandes ? Me thinks so.

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Very, very bad taste.

6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    It's not a lawsuit yet. Just a C&D letter.
    However, if Robert is still under a contract with Fernandes, yet knowingly signed something conflicting with ESP to join Metallica, he might be the one in legal trouble.

7. Wallbender

Wallbender

Jun 10, 2007
    Agreed. I'm not a big fan of Metallica or Trujillo, but I wonder if his pre-existing deal with Fernandes frumps Metalllica's ESP deal.

8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Funny how he's playing one of his Fernandes sigs on the cover of this months Bass Player (and meantions them by name in the article).

9. Hmmm... Sticky little legal situation... Metallica will end up paying Fernandes an 'undisclosed sum'. It's not Fernandes' fault that Truj joined, and their agreement is legit... And Rob definitely shouldn't be forced to use ESP basses just because of the Metallica agreement...

10. AngryJason

AngryJason

Feb 23, 2006
    Sacramento CA
    Metallica is filing suit or restrain/desist? get outta town...Lars must have more time on his hands than my disabled grandmother.....

This is why I won't spend dime ONE on anything that will profit these money-grubbing butt-munchers...I hear that their new album is great, but not gonna buy it as they have proven to be fan/product-negative yet again...and Trujillo (while a notable and talented bassist in his own right) doesn't hold a candle to Newstead, BTW, IMHO.....good luck to them...they've lost another album and ticket buying fan......:spit:

11. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    There's a picture of Rob in the new Rolling Stone using a Warwick Streamer LX 5-string....

12. Yeh Rob has a new Custom Shop Streamer Stage 2 I beleive, although it looks like an LX!

13. Well Rob has a deal with Zon, but he's always using a Fernandes or a Tobias and recently a warwick.

Seriously, the guy needs to settle down with the company which whom he has a deal.

14. muzikman7

muzikman7

Sep 16, 2004
    I couldn't agree more.

15. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Jason used Sadowskys, right? I don't think Metallica is locked into an ESP deal as much as just Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield, and even then, if they really wanted out, I imagine ESP would be agreeable to working something out, rather than having their endorsers unhappy.

I don't think Rob should have to choose a company, either. If I had a gig like his, you can bet I'd have a truckload of different basses at my disposal. I don't think these guys depend on the endorsement deals financially when it comes to affording they're instruments...

16. Honestly, if I had the kind of money they have, I would do my best to stay OUT of endorsement deals. Why do you need free instruments when buying a new one for them is like buying a coke for the rest of us? For a smaller band, I can see it...but honestly I just don't think they need it...:meh:

17. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    What about Paul Stanley?

18. AngryJason

AngryJason

Feb 23, 2006
    Sacramento CA
    What about him? A guitarist with another money-grubbing, fan-unfriendly band? Not sure how this applies.....not trying to be rude at all (so please, take no offense, Mr. Gopher, as absolutely NONE is intended), but not sure how this applies to bass forum....if it does, please forgive my, um, unforgiveable ignorance......I'm just the bass player :)

19. JacobE

JacobE

Jul 19, 2008
    hes in metallica, he should just wait fo royalties and buy what ever the hell he wants

20. I am going to send Lars a letter telling him that I illegally downloaded their new cd. I didn't of course, they blow, but it will be funny.

lowsound