Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metallica to induct Black Sabbath into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame !

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 9, 2006.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

2. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    they always get to do the cool stuff :bassist:

3. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    here we go again with the Metallica bashing....

Sorry, but they don't even deserve to be in the same *room* as Black Sabbath, nevermind induct them into the hall of fame.

4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I'm always surprised by those who haven't made it into the rock n' roll hall of fame yet. Especially when you consider that so many years they've had really **** choices inducted.

5. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I am uncertain and possibly wrong here but,

I believe those inductions are based on record sales, not how good the band is.

DCat,

6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I'd like to see Iommi explode on them for their work in the 90's. That would be sweet.

Is Metallica already in the hall of fame? If so, then I'm guessing Dcat is right, since Black Sabbath is far better and more influential than Metallica.

Edit: Nevertheless, it's still pretty rad.

7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Oh god! If that's true then the last sliver of ambivalent acceptance of the Hall of Fame has vanished.

They will officially be the worst/dumbest institution on the face of the Earth, as opposed to just being one of the most vapid.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's freaking awesome!!!!

Kill 'em All, Lightning, Puppets and Justice are 4 of my favorite albums. I could really care less if they put out a crap like Anger for the rest of their careers, those four albums KICK ASS!!!!!

9. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    Nino is right!

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I hope some stoner rock bands get down with this. I think Sleep should reunite for this even!!! I would probably throw up with joy.

But I swear, if some worthless pop act covers any of their songs... I'll just start throwing up with so much non joy. System of a Down, stay far away. Clutch? Please play.

Metallica did a decent job with Sabbra Caddabra, not as good as the original of course... I would have been more impressed if they just did A National Acrobat completely, but maybe that was just them admitting most of that song is so outside of their sound.

I wonder if Dave Mustaine will reunite some twisted form of Megadeth for this :rollno:

11. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Well, if Rush hasn't been inducted into the hall of fame yet (pretty sure they haven't) then that can't possibly be true :cool:

12. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Megadeth is still a band. I'm going to Gigantour 2006 (I hope :bassist: ). Why does no one know this?

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sad thing is I am (was?) a Megadeth fan, but Dave's getting way outta hand. I stopped being a fan when I heard the remastered Rust In Peace where Dave Mustaine added new vocals :rolleyes:

Bad news Dave, you don't have the voice you did back in the day, adding new vocals... bad idea. Plus didn't they have a new bass player for like a month, then he was gone?! Eh

14. steve21

steve21 Banned

He was in the band for closer to a year, Matt.

And I'm glad they're getting Metallica to cover Black Sabbath, not like the travety that was Avril Lavigne covering Metallica.

And I agree with the sentiments Nino shared, you can't bash the people who made THOSE albums.

15. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Bashing Metallica just goes to show how badly you'd like to play like Burton. Keep practicing maybe someday you'll pull something off.

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

There is absolutely no logic behind that

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You are incorrect. Many of the artists in the hall even to this day never went platinum. The total record sales of some artists don't even reach numbers that I would consider sizable. It is their influence on other musics is what determines who gets inducted.

Sabbath influenced many bands, but many of those bands are stoner bands that never get publicity. Regardless, their body of work says more for the band than any stupid popularity club induction ever could.

18. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Touche! :)

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    You have no idea how band I would LOVE to see the original Sabbath lineup back in the day, when Tony and Geezer were calling the shots, pre Sharon Osbourne. They may be second to Larks era King Crimson.

To quote Scott "Wino" Winrech (a true Sabbath influenced gentleman), "I was born too late."

20. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I love Metallica's music from Kill Em All to Saint Anger ! :bassist: I cant wait to here what they do on their next record . Metallica hasent been inducted in the Rock and Roll hall of fame yet, I believe it has to be 25 years after the release of their first album so that would be 2008 for them , just a few more years to go and they will be up their:hyper: :bassist: .