1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Metallica update

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lammchop93, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
  2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Sadly, the insider jargon could be reinterpreted to mean:

Starts out boring, overbearing self indulged verses, we need dynamics... PLAY LOUD AT END.

:)

or... the cd could actually be decent.

3. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    and is also delayed until september now? man...

4. Lammchop93

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I read that too, but sometimes Ultimate-guitar has seemed to be very wrong at times. I don't ever FULLY trust 'em.;)

5. Now the swedish metal magazine Close-up also claimed that S:t Anger was a masterpiece after a pre-listening session. Oh, how wong they were. Im sorry but I know people disliked Load and Reload but I think thats because those albums went away so much from what used to be Metallica. S:t Anger on the other hand was a poor try to get back into heavier music but it just flat out sucked. One of the worst cd's any big band has released.

The worst thing is i fell for the S:t Anger hype without having heard the album so I still have it. I dont think one should listen to any reports about the new album until one has heard it.

6. St. Anger was them getting out all their pent up frustrations and anger, from being in a band that was essentially falling apart and hating eachother...I don't think it was them trying to get back into their older, heavier style.

As for the new one, I'm confident that it'll be Metallica doing whatever they feel like, and releasing an album that sounds different from anything else they've done. Just like their last few albums. Some people will love it, and other people will bitch endlessly about how much Metallica sucks, just like they always do ;)

7. Lammchop93

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    I for one am a huge fan of Load. I love all of the Metallica albums. Yes even St. Anger, not compared to the earlier stuff though, that stuff blows St. Anger out of the water. Personally I feel that we should respect what Metallica does becuase they have deserved the right to whatever they want to do. Take St. Anger for example, they tried something new, people didn't like it so they won't do it again. They are branching out and trying new things and learning from their mistakes and for that I highly respect them.:cool:

8. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    I just can’t wait to hear new album. I pretty much liked everything they’ve done from Kill Em All to Load. Not so keen on the last two albums but there some good stuff on them aswell.

9. A guy should never say something like that!!!

:bag:

Seriously though, I did like that album quite a bit. That, AJFA, and Ride the Lightning are my favs. St. Anger blew chunks, IMO.

10. Metallica was probably my favorite band at one time. That was a long time ago. I'll save you all some waiting and trouble, the new album is going to suck.

11. Lammchop93

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah we'll see. I say your wrong. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it!

BTW My least favorite Metallica album is ReLoad.

12. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    I'm pretty sure you either trust something or you don't. If you don't "FULLY trust" something, then you don't believe it, which is the same as not trusting it...

13. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    It was confirmed on Bruce Dickinsons radioshow on BBC that it will be released in September.

14. It certainly will be interesting if nothing else. I just hope their stuff is better than what they played live. James needs to lose the 'clean' voice. I don't think that voice should have ever been used anywhere but S&M.

15. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    ^Yeah like on the Other New Song.

16. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Metallica died when Burton got tossed out the bus.

Ill prolly DL the album if for no other reason than to see if they improved since last time. I heard they toured, just playing stuff from "puppets", as prep for the album.

19. +1

Seems to be more the case for Metallica, than anyone else.

20. Uncle Ernie

Uncle Ernie

Mar 10, 2007
    Queretaro
    ...the seed of fruitful debate :rollno: