Metallica's new album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ClassikMetal71, May 30, 2002.

1. ClassikMetal71

Apr 6, 2002
    Does anyone know whether METALLICA'S going to continue with there Load and Reload sound or if the might try doing real heavy metal again?
  2. As the Metallica-holic I am, I'll weigh in on this. Former bassist Newsted recently said that he's heard some of the new material, and it will "crush heads". Also, in the past Lars (I believe) said that the Load/Reload era has, and they're ready to do something new. Whatever it is, look for a new album late this year. Check for the most up-to-date Metallica news.
  3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I cant wait for it to come out, but im expecting dissapointment. :mad:
  4. EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Well since they can't EVER get anyone like Cliff. I would expect something along the lines of And Justice For All/Black Album. Hopefully Kirk will step back up and go back to his extravagant solos. Which I love so dearly. Before recording Load and Reload Kirk did a lot of studying and felt that the extravagant solo was not necessary so he went to a more laid back contemporary solo. I want solos like those from Master of Puppets and And Justice For All, back. Lets just all hope they don't go back to the Kill 'Em All days, that'd be a real surprise! :eek:
  5. hope they don't go back to the Kill 'Em All days!? let's hope for!
  6. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Well seeing as Kill 'Em All was writing with Dave Mustaine, I dont think that that sounds gonna be back again.
  7. very true. i didn't even think about that. thanks for killing my hope. jk
  8. I'm not expecting a killer bass album ( like I hope for) since Bob Rock, their producer, is layin' the tracks down now, but expect some great aggressive lyrics & hard hittin' riffs like only the tallica boyz can do. They've had alot of fuel thrown on the fire since we saw em' last. Jaymz has gone through some tough times as of late and he'll be unleasing some of that anger for sure, that's just his way!, an' fortunatly it results in great music for us! I can't wait, anything from them would be great...cept that track with Ja Rule :mad: my god!
  9. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Like all Metallica albums after the Black Album.. I am expecting nothing from them. The Black Album really dissapointed me, coming off Pastor of Muppets and Justice. Those albums were the perfect meld of 70's prog rock and metal; they were brilliant in my opinion.

I'd like to think that the next album is just going to crush huge amounts of metal... but I'm not holding my breath.
  10. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    This is probably pure rumor, but I heard now that Megadeath is no more Dave Ellefson may be playing with Metallica. Now that woud be cool and a bit ironic.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Monkey, you deserve a beer!
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hopefully, It'll at least be Black Album style stuff...
  13. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh, no not Kill Em All. Please, that album sucks bad. And I speak as someone who got into the band when "Lightning" was only available on LP only from an indie record company. I bought "Puppets" the day it was released and it's still my favorite by far.

But "Kill Em All" is frickin' awful, just listen to it!!

I lost interest after ReLoad (which I think is pretty good).
  14. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    You don't think they could do a Kill 'Em All 2 without Dave? He only got writing credit on four of the 10 songs (and two of the eight songs on Lightning).

I've been burned too many times -- I doubt I'll even bother with their new album. Hell, I'm still trying to unload their old albums!

EDIT: Ever since "the black album," Het's voice sounds forced to me. No sir, I don't like it.
  15. burned? i guess 15 dollars is just that hard to come across.
  16. Not a rumor, Megadeth did cease to exist after Mustaine suffered some nerve damage in his arm. Ellefson has been ruled out as a replacement bassist for Metallica, coming from the guys in the band in an online chat they did yesterday. Also in the chat, Lars talked about the music as being very aggro, less bluesy, "****ed up noises"...I'm looking forward to it very much.

The day before, Metallica played a surprise gig in San Fran at a small club under the pseudonym 'Spun', you can read about it at[.] At the show, they played a NEW SONG tentatively titled "Dead Kennedy Rolls". Damn living in Florida!
  17. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Damn living in Florida? Gainesville, Fl is the home of Tom Petty and his band. Fort Lauderdale was where Marilyn Manson orginated. N'Sync, BackStreet Boys and O Town all started in Orlando.

Dicky Betts is from West Palm Beach. The list goes on and on.

Talk Bass star Gard lives near Orlando. Bassists Dave LaRue and Beaver Felton run a bass store near Orlando where Gard teaches.

But, yeah, Metallica tours in Florida occassionally, but not often enough.:(
  18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You say these things like they are good things? ;)
  19. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

It is the Florida sunshine, heat and humidity. That triad tends to cloud one's musical judgment.:D
  20. PeninaD

May 26, 2001
    I'm hoping for more of a return to the MOP and ...AJFA era, even if the guys were a bit frustrated with the over-complexity and production of ...AJFA.

Matty Lite quoted Lars exactly...if you are in the SF area over the next few months, be prepared for more surprise gigs around town at small clubs....and we are hoping for a possible repeat of last year's surprise visit and gig at the 2002 Metallibash.

All Metalheads are welcome to still available...tons of swag from Tama, EMG pickups, Guitar World and more.