Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metallice Live $h!t B&P Bass solo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Basroil, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Anyone seen/heard Jason's bass solo from Metallica's Live Sh*t Binge & Purge? Sure, hes no Cliff, but it is some pretty good playing.

2. deddeh

deddeh

Nov 29, 2005
    Yeah, it starts with the bass part of My Friend Misery, then there's the fast part with the audience and then the wahwahdistortion part and finally it ends with Orion and the rest of the band joins in :)
    Great stuff

Anyone know if the fast part where the audience cheers is from a song or if it's original solo stuff?

3. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Nah, thats original stuff.

4. The justice solo is great, superb growly tone and great use of effects. The later solo is horrible noodling jank.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Thank you Kink! I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking he was randomly picking 16th notes and jabbing down on the fretboard with no concern with how it might sound. :rollno: I use to think that was pretty awesome... about 5 years ago. I watched it recently and... yeah.

6. -Rabbit-

-Rabbit-

Dec 30, 2005
    Victoria Harbour
    Man what Live S**T Binge And Purge solo are you talking about? Theres so many LiveS B&S shows.

7. Agreed

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Jason Rocks ! :bassist:

9. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Endorsing Artist:
    That's a classic. Jason is one of the most under rated bassists out there.

You should check out his work with Voivod and Echobrain as well as old stuff like Flotsam and Jetsam

10. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I enjoy Jason's energy, stage presence, and playing. However the part of the solo where he moves to the dist/wah doesnt tickle my fancy

11. That's the best part! Brings to mind an old episode of Doctor Who. Very eerie...:eek:

12. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Endorsing Artist:
    The noodly part is odd... but it was still cool IMO. A bit long, but still kinda neat.