Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MetalliRubin

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by simongpaez, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Don't know bout you guys but I am so happy to know that my all time fav producer is working with my all time fav band......

Cheers for Rick Rubin and Metallica

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=14828

Can't wait to hear what comes out of that :bassist:

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I am hopeful.:)

3. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Lets hope it turns out better than St anger.. i didnt really dig that album..

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    There is a thread about this in Misc.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Should be Cool ! :bassist:

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    OTOH, we are talking about a future recording.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    OH, ok. In the future, recordings will be so advanced BEYOND perfect pitch that you won't even need to know what a guitar is sound like Yngwie.

8. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    You no like Rick Rubin?

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Who Me? Well personally, I find his production style to be too polished (which is great for bands like RHCP and stuff like that) but for metal, he makes stuff to glossy. Slayer's Reign in Blood is a great album, but it's too clean sounding for metal.

Blisshead mentioned future recordings, and I was just joking talking about literally the future of recordings.

10. They should try to take on the proggy style they did on Justice for All.... Thats my favorite Metallica album.
    Though I hate Trujillo(sp?), that guy is.........blahpameh

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Question: Do you have Trujillo in Metallica? Or in general? His playing with the Infectious Grooves is like Flea... but good.

12. In general . Maybe I'm a dolt or ignorant but part of it is his image. I know I know, I shouldn't base my opinions on image, but sometimes the way a musician looks or carries himself ruins it for me. And with that, Im totally random, it's not a specific look or anything. They just rub me the wrong way sometimes. Also , IG isn't my cup of tea at all. I don't like Flea Either! However, I don't really like his style of playing that much . Not too creative if you ask me.

Of Course Im not a huge Metallica fan either. I like Newstead, mainly because of Voivod , but take him out and I get bored. I don't even like Cliff Burton that much......I'll take the real Phil Lynott any day thanks:D

Man......I'm so gonna get flamed for this:bag:

13. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Wow, maybe just maybe there is hope yet. A real bass player and not Bob Rock producing.