1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Metalman comparisons...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by firefighter736, Aug 4, 2007.

1. firefighter736

firefighter736

Jan 9, 2007
    Virginia
    So I'm approaching my one year anniversary of playing the bass and am looking for a little bit of change. When I started I purchased a 5 string ESP and a cheap Rogue amp. Now that I'm getting a little more serious about playing I have upgraded my amp to a Ampeg BA115HP, and am in the market for a 4 string bass (I think learning on a 5 string probably wasn't the best choice...).

I have heard good things about the Dean Metalman series. I read through the threads here and on the Dean site, and the original single passive pickup model seems to have some rave followers. On the Dean site, however, the next model (the 2a, with dual active pickups) aren't that highly regarded.

I've seen where some posters on here have both models, can any of you who have played both (or own both) give some good comparisons? I'm looking for a deep tone (I'll be tuned 1-2 steps down mostly), low action, etc...

thanks guys :)

2. firefighter736

firefighter736

Jan 9, 2007
    Virginia
    I know at least a few of you have one of these models, I've seen it in pics in other threads :spit: