1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Meteor explodes over Russia

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by oniman7, Feb 15, 2013.

1. This is scary, amazing, terrifying, and beautiful all at the same time. A meteor exploded over Russia a few hours ago and was captured by many dash cams and handheld camcorders. It's said to have injured 250 people.

You can hear the explosion at about 0:35 into this video: Here is the article where I found it. I do suggest watching some of the videos posted there.

2. VeganThump

VeganThump

Jun 29, 2012
    South Jersey
    Oh my god that's insane! It sounded like an atom bomb went off followed by absolute pandemonium. Did NASA actually know this was going to happen? They're usually able to predict stuff like this pretty accurately.

3. Only 304 views! I bet that escalates.

4. Matthijs

Matthijs

Jul 3, 2006
    Amsterdam
    My main questions are: how come al those Russians have a permanently running camera in their car? And second: Why do they keep on driving as if this happens twice a day? In some of those video's it looks as if it's coming right at them and they won't even flinch, they even keep watching the rearview mirror.

5. With the 2012 DA14 asteroid about to have its close shave with Earth, the coincidence is incredible.

6. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I wonder if DA14 is travelling with a few friends?

7. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    If that's Megatron, we're screwed. If it's Optimus Prime? Yay!

8. VitalSigns

VitalSigns

May 8, 2011
    Central NY
    Broken windows, car alarms... I wish I could have been there to witness this.

9. Tunguska and now this. How come our comrades get all the fun?

10. odarellmc

odarellmc

Jul 8, 2012
    Chicago
    I saw that on the news today amazing, right out the movies, just to think the Russian gov knew this was coming before the citizens did

11. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    I read that insurance fraud is a big problem in Russia, so a lot of people have dashboard cameras in their car. The sad thing is I just read this like half an hour ago and I can't find the website I read that on!!

Either way, this is an amazing, yet terrifying event. And it's really mind blowing since I was just reading about the Tanguska Event only a couple of days ago.

12. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Crazy!

13. AaronMB

AaronMB

Aug 17, 2012
    Central Oregon
    Damn.
    I too was just learning more about the Tanguska Event... I suppose when you have that much land mass it makes for quite a target.

14. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Location! Location! Location!

:p

15. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Impressive!

16. I have heard it has something to do with corrupt traffic laws and cops or something where having visual proof of things can protect them

17. Scientists have said there is no relation between the two

18. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
  19. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Russians seem to be a lot manlier than other nationalities.

20. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Wow! That's crazy.