Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Meteora

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Claga, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Just brought Linkin Park's new album Meteora. I've Listened to it about 7 or 8 times already and i have to say it is quite a good listen (if your into this style of music).

Anybody who enjoyed hybrid theory should definately pick this one up. Check out tracks 3, 6, 10 and 13.

Anybody else heard this cd yet? I'd like to hear what some other poeple think...

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Yah, i like it better lyrically and musically than Hybrid theory. I picked up the cd plus DVD for $15 at best buy..can't beat that. Don't stay (2) and Breaking the Habit(9) are my favs off the cd, much because I just got out of a painful breakup, lol. I really liek the rythm and flute samples in Nobody's Listening (11). The whole cd just kind of screams "bad breakup"...come to think of it, so did Hybrid theory..these guys must be in some serious pain here, LOL. I like the fact that they are intelligent enough to express their feelings fluently without profanities-it kidna makes them different from most of their genre. The coolest thing I noticed- there are now 6 members, nto 5- they added a REAL BASSIST! Can't remember what hsi name is, but he plays a red MM Stingray, and a white Sadowsky jazz. :D Overall, excellent cd- well thought out- I'm glad they took their time instead of puking out a quick second album to follow all there fast success.

3. Can we say remix cd? ;)

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sounds like typical Nu-metal to me. Have some guy rap and have some guy scream/bitch about stuff. Not a fan of Linkin Park.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    haha yah exactly what I thought when re-animation came out. I got teh feeling reanimation was just a quick vop-out to make everyone happy that was waiting for a new album while they worked on the real thing, lol. I actaully liked it better than the original though..I never bought hybrid theory. Nothing LP is doing is all that orignial or anything, I just thought the cd did exactly what teh band wanted it to- they knwe what they wanted and put it togather. I don't listen to much nu-metal, they have a fair amount of beats and electonic stuff and such I like. I don't claim that everything I like is good, I like some crap, lol, but I like a lot of stuff like jaco, wooten, mingus, etc...just depends on what I feel like on any given day.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That remix CD is what made me decide that I hated Linkin Park... hey guys, it's taking us too long to write new material... but I want money now... what should we do? :spit:

7. Hate to break it to you, but I can guarantee with near-100% surety that the remix CD was a project initiated at the behest of their record label.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't care. I'll make up another reason... right now... they make... bad music. Yes, there is a good reason to hate them, he he he ho ho ha ha.

God I'm stupid.

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    StupidMatt -- it's PAers like you that make PAers like me look dumb....
    *steps off throne*
    I like this CD...track 11 has a sweet (!!!) feel to it...I'm thinking about rewriting good bass/guitar lines to it...the CD as a whole is great, as I mentioned. Better than Hybrid theory, by far IMO....the fact that they added a new/real (however you wanna put it) bassist seems to have had a big effect on the band as a whole, maybe he brought some ideas? I don't know....

About the Reanimation thing, I like it better that Hybrid as well, and kinda doubt that they did it just for the money, though it prolly had influence there. I got to see these guys open at a concert awhile ago, and they kicked live as well. I hope to catch them sometime.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I'm not too found of PA. Everyone around here seems to hate everyone else... so I'm proud to make PA look bad. It's not everyone, but a lot of people if you smile or wave at them their instant reaction is what the **** do you want? I know it happens a lot across the US... I guess I'm spoiled, I spent a summer in North Carolina where everyone was lovely... :meh: I'd love to change the world... but I don't know what to do.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hybrid Theroy did have a couple good songs. Due to the fact that the only place I heard the CD was in my friend Dave's car, he played it all the time. But we never knew song titles. So I made up titles for the songs...

I liked "Weird Pausy Song" and "Screamy Awful Guitar Song."

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Yeah, PA does absolutly suck, espically around here. This could turn into a huge rant about PA, but I'll try to keep it short ;). Mostly it just sucks cos there is actually NOTHING to do, espically when the closest person to you is a half mile away...(makes good for jams though...mmm loud). I guess it's like everyplace, has it's ups and it's downs...I think it has many more downs though....

SM -- where you at in relation to Johnstown/Summerhill Pa?

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Never heaard of it... so probably pretty far. I'm in Erie County if that means anything to you. Northwestern PA

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Erie I think is about 4 hours north of us. Oh well...I just thought maybe someday we could get together and jam...oh wells. Catch ya'll later!
    Ray

15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I'm from Clearfield county in PA.