Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metro Ultra Vintage Countdown

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DerVedel, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Hey TB's!

I'm new member to this site but have enjoyed to vit and visdom users put into their posts

Just wanted to let u know that I have ordered my first Sadowsky Metro. Placed the order yesterday and goes a follows:

Sadowsky Metro Ultra Vintage
    5 String
    Morado Fingerboard
    Pearl blocks and white binding
    Vintage Tone Control
    70's 3-tone sunburst with tort pickguard

Kevin told me that they will have some ultra vintage coming in from Japan in May - So if any one would be interested they should available round late May earlier June.

I have to wait a little while since it's a new colour but I can wait although it's going to be a bitch. I have actually never played a Sadowsky before but I feel comfortable enough to order on even though since u guys and everybody eles think the world of Sadowsky basses.

It's going to be a sweet bass! What do u think?

2. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA

That is ALMOST, if not Identical to the UV Sadowsky I would order! Nice job! It is going to be incredible! and welcome to TB!
    Gary

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I really liked the Ultra Vintage Metro i played in the shop last week, high quality instruments. :bassist:

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Congrats, Dude You'll have to show pictures when it arrives, You will deffinently enjoy, I'm the proud owner of Namm 3 of 10 on the site,Roger makes great stuff, a Jazz bass on........well I won't go there with the congressional hearings and everything!

5. Major....

I am about to order one of Ultra Vintage Metros myself, sent the guys an email yesterday but have not heard back yet.....I'm thinking a UV70 - MW 5.....what can you tell us about the tone, the neck, playability, feel, etc....I know you have had Sadowsky experience so I trust your opinion....Would I be better off to "SPEC" a NYC for about 600.00 or 800.00 more or is this UV Metro the Schizzle?

BTW - I currently own the Vintage NYC in my Avatar and LOVE it...Want to add a UV 5 and/or a PJ 5 to my stable and be done with GAS for good....... :D

Peace,

T

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Hi Tom

The Ultra Vintage come with the NYC Electronics so you know about that and their is no stock VTC, the body is full size so it will differ in upper register playability as opposed to the down sized J body you are used to playing with your NYC 4.The 5 string neck did feel diffrent to me, it seemed alittel more chunky and curved but very playable.Tons of beautiful grain in the Ash , they know good wood :hyper: . The binding and blocks are top quality, i think the blocks and binding used on the Sadowskys is far nicer then anything fender has used. I am pretty sure that the pick locations are in the 70's position that is also another diffrence.They are heavier then the NYC line due to the fact their is no chambered bodys on this line.It really depends on what you are specificly looking for in the instrument. In my opinion you cant loose either way on the NYC or Metro both models are built with top notch quality, no lemons come out of these shops.Is their anything else i can help you out with?. :)

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Nice try, tommixx, but basses are like women. Even if you find the perfect one, you'll still always catch yourself looking enviously at the one on someone else's arm. :D
    Imagine if Roger ever comes out with a six-string! :smug:

8. Nice work.

While you are waiting, there is a thread in this forum called "Custom Bass waiting group" or something like that. you should post your details there - it is a 12-step support group for people like yourself who stay up endless nights pining for your new instrument :p

I just got my lefty SR5 and have left the support group....for the moment haha

9. Major...Thanks a bunch...I ordered the bass today!!!!

Bart.....That is what I am afraid of....BUT I have been VERY satisfied with my current NYC 4 and TRULY believe that once I get this bass and a NYC Reverse PJ 5........I miiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhttttt be done!!!!! LOL!!

Peace,

T

10. Congrats!

It's going to be a nice bass!

I would also like to get one. White with maple board and pearl blocks :cool: :cool: :cool: