Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Metronome/Click Track

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Razor, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Didn't quite know where exactly to put this one......

I'm looking for help with Metronomes everyone. I've used lots of clicks but now I am looking for a really good one BUT with the ability to send a signal (line out) to a mixer/PA.

Anybody know of a Metronome with a dedicated line out?

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I think I'll move this to misc. You'll probably get more hits there.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've never seen a "normal" metronome with a dedicated line out. The Boss Dr. Beat 88 has a 1/4" earphone out that works fine as a standard output for plugging into an amp.
    [​IMG]

If you're wanting more advanced than that, you'll probably have to look into drum machines.

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    So would it be a fairly safe assumption that any metro with an earphone jack could be used? Just use the mixer/amp's gain and volume to adjust the signal?

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Pretty much. A 1/4" out is nice if you don't have any 1/8" to 1/4" cords around. What will you running a metronome through a PA for- band practice without a drummer (or with a bad one ;))?

6. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    To be honest, I don't practice with one enough but the band, as a whole, could always benefit from hearing that little click during some of our practices...especially with the new material.

I appreciate your help on the matter Bryan..thanks!

7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    My $14.95 cheapo metronome (goes from 40 - 240 bpm) has an earphone out. I'm sure you could bump up the signal somehow if you needed to.

8. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    That sounds like a plan...thanks guys!

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    We used the above shown Dr.Beat during marching band....that improved my time an immense amount along with really hammered home how much of a difference/delay there is with about 30 yards between the percussion [back of field] and the pit percussion [sidelines].

Practicing in a band setting with a metronome was always nice. If you have the coin-the Dr.Beat would do everything you want and then some. I'm using a program on my computer to do the drum machine and metronome thing for awhile. It's easy to use as a learning tool-i can program in my parts if i want so i can play along with them at a given tempo. The program is Guitar Pro 4.

That's all