1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Metronome for Windows PC?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ant Illington, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Ant Illington

Ant Illington I'm Anthony but I'm only illin' Banned

Does anybody use a good one?

I googled and none of the results were from clearly (to me) reputable sites, let alone good, versatile products. I use a smartphone app that has great features but would like to streamline everything into PC. One with features like speed up tempo or accent different beats, etc would be great. Free or charge, okay.

Thanks!

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    How does one purchase apps on Windows computers nowadays? Is there an app store? Every app has reviews right?

Ant Illington likes this.
  3. hs123

hs123

Aug 11, 2011
    Westminster CO
    I use this, (not sure I got if from softonic tho..)

Metronome Plus

4. Ant Illington

I don't even know. It's definitely not as cut and dried and as clearly safe as getting an app from the android store on my phone. I guess I'll be sticking with that or a stand alone unit of some sort as was recommended to me in DB forum.... hard to use a smartphone app without the inherent distractions of having a smartphone next to you when you're practicing!

5. Do you have a DAW that you use regularly? Most of them have pretty good metronomes built-in. I use the metronome in Reaper all the time (mostly for recording, but sometimes for practice).

6. Ant Illington

Dang, I have Reaper but I only use ithe for looping, slowing down and recording myself playing along to stuff so I hadn't had occasion to think about metronome or click. That'll work for now!

Luke19Boarder likes this.
  7. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    I'll put in a word for Open Metronome (a branch of the original Weird Metronome).

It doesn't look like much, but it's very small, available in MIDI or WAV versions, and most flexible if you need odd meters.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  8. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    For learning new stuff, I throw it in Guitar Pro 6 and add some drum tracks to it. After a while, I just mute the bass track and play along with the drums. It is a lot better than hearing CLICK, click, click, click, CLICK, click, cli...