Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

metronome

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bushfire, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Does anyone know where I could get some sound files of metronomes at differring speeds, seeing as I don't really have the money to buy one, I figured I could just use my mp3 player through my stereo to loop different speeds.

Thanks.

2. You can use the free (as in speech) program Audacity to generate click tracks at whatever speed you like. There are also some online metronomes and metronome programs. If you'd prefer to play the sound on your stereo instead of the computer, then Audacity is a good way to make the tracks.

3. Thanks.

Does any one have any recommended speeds to practice at?

4. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    It's really personal...it depends on your playing level.

Anyway it's recommended to start any new thing you practice at a slow tempo and raise the tempo a bit when you play the pattern perfectly.

5. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    There are lots of free metronome programs available online. If you search the web, you should be able to easily find one to suit your needs.

This one is small and very simple but I used to use it all the time and it worked just fine...
    http://www.oli.tudelft.nl/vvier/v4software/metronome.zip