Metronome

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HaRd, Nov 4, 2011.

1. HaRd

HaRd

Aug 10, 2011
    Long Island
    I've decided its time to invest money into a metronome to refine my timing and rhythm during practice. Seems like a lot of manufacturers have strayed away from the weighted pendulum Wittner style.

I'm probably going to go with a Seiko model unless someone can convince me otherwise. Want to spend $30 max, some sort of visual cue, have a memory bank, and an earphone jack. Would be nice to have some sort of tap function to tap out a beat of a song as well...

And yes I know their are "free" metronomes online but I want something that I can carry with me and such.

2. HunterBrodt

HunterBrodt

Aug 24, 2009
    Boise
    I really like my boss metronome. It's the $35 one. It's small and has a lot of function

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have a free metronome on my iphone. But they also have tuners that are around 10 bucks with metronomes built in.

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I use MobileMetronome on my phone. It was free and gets the job done just fine.

5. HunterBrodt

HunterBrodt

Aug 24, 2009
    Boise
    I have an iPhone and have metronome app but never use it. I just like having it separate

6. HaRd

HaRd

Aug 10, 2011
    Long Island
    This... I don't have a problem spending a bit of money on having something that will probably last me forever. Also how loud does the "metronome app" get over practice volumes?

7. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Inactive

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    What about just a small/budget drum machine with effects? Alot more fun IMO.

8. Another one here who has a metronome on my iPod. I also have a metronome built into to my Korg tuner. I find they are about equal volume, and much easier to use than the old pendulum ones we used to practice piano to as kids.

If you wanted to go the drum route, Hydrogen is a free drum machine for Linux and Windows, and of course Mac has GarageBand.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021