1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

mex.fender.std.five. want.new.pickups.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by funkopotimus, Mar 4, 2001.

1. umm, ok, if i were to look into getting new pick ups for a five string fender jazz, were would i look, how hard are they to get installed and how much are they gonna cost me?

thanks a lot please reply

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Iv'e been playing my Warmoth 5 string J bass alot & the sound is GREAT. It has a pair of EMG 40 J's & an Aguilar OBP-1 pre-amp in it. I'd put an EMG J set & the OBP-1 set in yours. It'll cost about $100 for the p/u's & about $80 for the pre-amp. You might need intermediate soldering knowledge to allemble it. You might also have to route a space under the pickguard for the pre-amp & batteries. It sound like alot of work but it will make your bass sound like a million bucks. Another option on a pre-amp is an EMG BTC System. That also costs about $80 & I don't you have to do any modifications for it to fit.

3. ok i posted this a while back, and now i think I'm gonna save the cash from pickups and wait till i get enough cash for the G&L, but thanks anyways dude, helpful if i decide to keep this one. I'm gonna save that somewhere