Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mexican Active Jazz with Noiseless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Micolao, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Do you guys had experience with this bass?
    I was thinking about buying one like this:
    [​IMG]
    What you think about it?
    (and if you have one, please show me pics ;) )

some pics on the net:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    I tried one a few months back and it was great, I was primarily looking for a V though. A word of warning, play a few of 'em because the quality/playability can be a bit variable. I think those noiseless pups are great, lovely sound.

3. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    I have a sunburst one exaclty like the picture. I can't even bring myself to change anything on the bass because it's really good right out of the box. I did swap out the bridge for a Gotoh 201 I had laying around. But there is nothing wrong with the stock bridge. I might try some new pickups someday, but honestly, this bass sounds great through my Eden amp.

I was originally looking for an American made $1000+ bass, but I saw the MIM Deluxe active jazz in sunburst and I had to check it out. At first I didn't know what it was, but after playing it I realized it delivered everything I needed. It has all the electronics of the older MIA Deluxe instruments, for half the cost. The fit and finish on mine is great and the quality of the wood is excellent. There is a nice deep grain as opposed to the sunburst MIM standards you see in stores where the grain is almost non-existant. I got it for $499 brand new at my local shop... You really can't beat that. I still look at the bass every day and am amazed at its beauty.

4. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    499$???? almost 400 euros actually...

Fu....ing italian shops!!!! :spit: :mad:
    It costs 800 euros!!! (640$):scowl: :mad:

5. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    brings up a question: what really is the diff in the COMPONENTS of the MIM's and the MIA's of same years?
    are tuners the same? pups? pots? fretwire?

z

6. Awesome bass. A student of mine just got one, and it is really nice. It plays excellent and sounds sooooo good, you'd have a tough time finding something this good at this price.

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    There's many differences and many models MIA and MIM. The new 60s classic MIMs are wonderful, a big step up from yesteryear's budget MIM "standards".

The tuners are usually different, the USA basses have graphite reinforcement in the necks, with the neck adjustment in the body, which as I understand is better construction. The pickups are often different, sometimes the same. Lots of times the Mexico "Deluxe" models have last year's USA electronics.

8. Got one.

I have a thread named "Got a Fender"

There are some pics in there.

9. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Thanks evrybody.
    anybody knows a place to buy it (on line with expedition in Italy) at a good price?

10. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy

Kate, I didn't find it!
    can you find it for me?
    thank you very much ;)

11. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    My God...they're beautiful.... :help: :help: :help: :hyper:
    I want it...definitely I want it... :crying: :bawl:

Thank you very much Keith. ;)
    Enjoy your beauty ;)

12. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

My main bass is one of those. The pickups are slightly different, though, they have one big polepiece per string instead of two smaller ones.

I like it a lot. Sounds great, tonally flexible, the midrange knob is great for adding a little punch as needed. Primarily, I keep all the EQ controls at 12:00, and both pickups on full. Love that J-bass sound, it doesn't need much messing with in my opinion.

13. There are a lot of cool tones on them.

Plus, it's active. So it's loud! :bassist:

(Compared to a passive...)

14. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Like this one?
    [​IMG]

a guy is selling this one, but I was sceptical cause of the pu...I tried a MIA jazz with the noiseless but I did'n tried these and I don't know...
    the electronic is the same?only the pu are different?

15. When I was getting mine. The dude said the old models have those pickups, but the newer ones have the noiseless pickups. It's all the same stuff though.