1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mexican bridge... Worth it?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Microbass, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Hey all, I'm finally scraping up the pennies for a new bridge.

I called the guy at the music store, he phoned fender and he told me that the American bridge saddles are in pacific sizes. I think it's going to be about £25 for the 4 saddles, I will be getting back to him with the size of my saddles.

However, he said that I could have the WHOLE Mexican p-bass bridge unit for £40.. which I think might be about $55... Is it worth it? Or would I be better with the saddle-set?

Thanks for the advice :D

2. Originally posted by Microbass

I called the guy at the music store, he phoned fender and he told me that the American bridge saddles are in pacific sizes. I think it's going to be about £25 for the 4 saddles, I will be getting back to him with the size of my saddles.

However, he said that I could have the WHOLE Mexican p-bass bridge unit for £40.. which I think might be about $55... Is it worth it? Or would I be better with the saddle-set?

If it is the same bridge that is stock on MIM P and J basses I think you could do better with your £40. The hot bridge upgrade for MIM Fender basses seems to be a BadassII(tm).

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member