Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mexican bridge... Worth it?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Microbass, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Hey all, I'm finally scraping up the pennies for a new bridge.

I called the guy at the music store, he phoned fender and he told me that the American bridge saddles are in pacific sizes. I think it's going to be about £25 for the 4 saddles, I will be getting back to him with the size of my saddles.

However, he said that I could have the WHOLE Mexican p-bass bridge unit for £40.. which I think might be about $55... Is it worth it? Or would I be better with the saddle-set?

Thanks for the advice :D

2. Originally posted by Microbass

I called the guy at the music store, he phoned fender and he told me that the American bridge saddles are in pacific sizes. I think it's going to be about £25 for the 4 saddles, I will be getting back to him with the size of my saddles.

However, he said that I could have the WHOLE Mexican p-bass bridge unit for £40.. which I think might be about $55... Is it worth it? Or would I be better with the saddle-set?

If it is the same bridge that is stock on MIM P and J basses I think you could do better with your £40. The hot bridge upgrade for MIM Fender basses seems to be a BadassII(tm).

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member